DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bye-bye tablet.

Sure, the new version may have a glitch that the old version did not. A newer version may also require more processing power (due to new features) so an older tablet may not work properly.

Exactly correct! I've been using the Ver 4.3.2 for about 6 months because of "glitches" I don't want to deal with anymore...

OK, so read through the posts. Only one person seemed to suggest getting a replacement from Nvidia.

A brand new K1 is as good an option as any here.
It's still the the only tablet that can handle anything DJI GO throws plus has a VIDEO OUT port (as im sure you know)

While i dont think MOverios are a substitute for you tablet/smartphone by any stretch...
If you were to buy oh I dunno..These

..then you will need either a Crystalsky, a Smarcontroller or, tada
an Nvidia K1. Literally still the only tablet that has two ports.

Even if Nvidia dont give you a replacement, They are widely available in top condition on eBay at the moment.

Their only downside is the Shiny screen, but just up the birghtness.

Reactions: Dr. Bill 1969
Ahhh, gorsh, yure makin me blush!

While I was out flying Nvidia Shield K1 died. I heard a popping sound and lost connection with the Mavic. One of the advantages of flying within VLOS I was easily able to bring it back home, though I could have used RTH. Once I landed I took a good look at the tablet. The popping sound was the front of the tablet separating from the back of the tablet because the battery swelled.

Looks like I'm going to be buying a new tablet this weekend. After going through the various threads here and recommendations on other sites it's looking like I may be going with the Ipad Mini. As much as I dislike Apple products it seems to be the tablet with the fewest issues with DJI Go and Litchi. I guess it also means I'll have to purchase Litchi again as I bought it for Android.

BTW my beef with Apple has nothing to do with the devices themselves, just the lack of competition. With Windows and Android you have a wide variety of manufacturers to choose from which serves to keep prices down.

This is exactly why I NEVER FLY WITHOUT the DJI Goggles. In Florida it doesn't matter if you use a cell phone, a tablet or even the expensive DJI monitor, you're not seeing ANYTHING on a screen! Goggles forever!
boreynoldsradio

This is exactly why I NEVER FLY WITHOUT the DJI Goggles. In Florida it doesn't matter if you use a cell phone, a tablet or even the expensive DJI monitor, you're not seeing ANYTHING on a screen! Goggles forever!
boreynoldsradio

Lol, and DJI goggles connections/Hardware never fail do they?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sathwik