DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CAA Registration

¬Nomad

Reactions
I just completed the test and registration using a fake email and name address, the application was accepted (up to point of actually paying the registration fee which I obviously did not do)

So another flaw in this badly thought out scheme, a fraudster with access to someones credit card could get them into lots of trouble.
This whole scheme really is nothing but a PR exercise so it looks like something is being done, its close to useless

Last edited:
I just completed the test and registration using a fake email and name address, the application was accepted (up to point of actually paying the registration fee which I obviously did not do)

So another flaw in this badly thought out scheme, a fraudster with access to someones credit card could get them into lots of trouble.
This whole scheme really is nothing but a PR exercise so it looks like something is being done, its close to useless

Not being funny, but that's the same for any online purchase. If Amazon can't stop online fraud (and that's their main business) why should the CAA be able to?

Sorry I do not see what you are saying and it is the same for most on-line registrations. A. Why would a fraudster want to register and B. He would either have to use his credit card or a stolen one - to what end?

Reactions: old man mavic
why did you do the test and the registration if you had no intention of registering, you can do the test which is free without the need to register, the flyer does not even have to own a drone

Reactions: charliej
why did you do the test and the registration if you had no intention of registering, you can do the test which is free without the need to register, the flyer does not even have to own a drone

Obviously, because I wanted to see if the actual registration would be accepted with false details

Sorry I do not see what you are saying and it is the same for most on-line registrations. A. Why would a fraudster want to register and B. He would either have to use his credit card or a stolen one - to what end?

Yes, that is true, but in this case it means the fraudster can not only steal your money but also implicate you in a terrorist act or other crime, which considering that this whole scheme is supposedly in place to stop people being naughty with their Drones is simply not good enough
They should be requiring extra authentication (passport/driving licence or the same from a parent if you are a child ) and then mailing an application to your address

This is nothing more than an effort to look busy whilst wasting peoples time and money.

Its all too late anyhow and can't work for reasons widely discussed.
There should have been mandatory (proper) registration at the point of purchase, but this would have put a burdon on retailers and we live in a world where capitalist considerations overide all else and governments dare not put big business noses out of joint.....its bollox

Obviously, because I wanted to see if the actual registration would be accepted with false details
Who’d do that though? Pointless surely? Anyone with criminal intent just won’t bother registering?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78