DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Calibrating compass question

frankiez

Reactions
In the manual it talks about calibrating the compass and shows u how to do it. However it says you should calibrate whenever you move to a new place u haveny flown before. My mavic was showing MAG Interference and then it said CALIBRATE COMPASS. Before i could do it, it went away and now it doesnt say it anymore. My question is, if I supposed to calibrate again, how do i get into the setting to let me recalibrate?

sent from my Galaxy Note4

You can watch the whole thing or go up to 18:00

After you've calibrated it the first time, and you want to make sure that you are out in an open field with no metal around you to do it, after a good calibration, you won't need to calibrate again within a few hundred miles. If your in a place that gives you interference then just move 20 feet and see if it's ok. Don't recalibrate in any area with interference because you will need to recalibrate it again after going back into a clean area to get a good calibration again. So all I'm saying is, once you have a good cal, keep it until it asks you to calibrate it again. I fly usually within a 200 mile radius and it doesn't ask for calibration ever :)

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centrespot