DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CALIBRATING VISION SENSORS

Boreynolds

Reactions
Hey everyone. Just recently I started getting the VISION SENSORS need calibrating. I've watched all the videos online and I get as far as pointing the Mavic Pro at the computer screen but when I do it the shape of the laser on mine stays in the shape of like a Police mans badge is the only way I can describe it, when everyone else that is successful calibrating THEIR'S turns into a square and then they proceed following the little squares around the screen. Because mine DOESN'T become a square the little squares don't pop up. Am I the only one? Thanks in advance for your help.
boreynoldsradio

Reactions: Rangerider
I'm having trouble activating my vision sensors. I slide the button to "on", but it immediately defaults to "off".

Hey everyone. Just recently I started getting the VISION SENSORS need calibrating. I've watched all the videos online and I get as far as pointing the Mavic Pro at the computer screen but when I do it the shape of the laser on mine stays in the shape of like a Police mans badge is the only way I can describe it, when everyone else that is successful calibrating THEIR'S turns into a square and then they proceed following the little squares around the screen. Because mine DOESN'T become a square the little squares don't pop up. Am I the only one? Thanks in advance for your help.
boreynoldsradio

Can you take a video of what its doing with your free hand?

boreynoldsradio

You need to move it further from your screen to work.

Reactions: Thomas B
Agree, the computer likely has a pretty good electromagnetic field near it.

If the above suggestion fails try doing it outside with your phone.

No I just mean the vision sensors have to be a certain distance from the screen to start calibration. The op is probably just seeing the center point not the outter square because it’s too close to the scene and needs to move further away to see it

I read somewhere recently (can't remember where) that you may have to change the screen resolution. I was looking because I have an iMac which has a 5K screen that normally runs at some high resolution, and the advice was to drop the resolution down to something like 1600x900 for the cal. Worked for me.

Reactions: Rangerider
I read somewhere recently (can't remember where) that you may have to change the screen resolution. I was looking because I have an iMac which has a 5K screen that normally runs at some high resolution, and the advice was to drop the resolution down to something like 1600x900 for the cal. Worked for me.

Did you get this to work? I got an error telling the software cannot determine screen size and to input (in inches) the correct size. HOWEVER, (in latest MacOS at least) you canNOT enter anything on the line (even when the cursor is flashing)!!! Tried 4 different resolutions (including 1280x1024) and got the same error each time.......

Oh yeah, whoever wrote the version for MacOS....when you get the error and cannot type, the ONLY way to exit the full screen is to turn off the acft!!!!

You need to move it further from your screen to work.
Understanding this is the first time I try this.....and the fact I see NOTHING on my screen (and the program asks me to input the screen size but no matter what I put in nothing changes):
Do I just need a longer usb cable? How far is ‘just give up” too far before I try another computer (laptop?)
Thanks for the help.

Understanding this is the first time I try this.....and the fact I see NOTHING on my screen (and the program asks me to input the screen size but no matter what I put in nothing changes):
Do I just need a longer usb cable? How far is ‘just give up” too far before I try another computer (laptop?)
Thanks for the help.
I don't think it asked me the screen size. I set resolution to 1600 x 900 (I'm on a 2017 5k 27 inch iMac), then clicked calibrate in the Assistant software. I can't check at the moment as the MP is undergoing surgery and is in bits.
You could try a longer USB cable, I had to move back from the screen. I have a 50cm USB cable plugged into a hub that sits under my screen, and I still had to move the hub out onto the desk. I would estimate I was about 75cm from the screen.

This is key information. It worked for me just like you said. My newer hi-res, curved monitor failed every time. I used an older flat screen 16:9 monitor and it worked first time!

I don't think it asked me the screen size. I set resolution to 1600 x 900 (I'm on a 2017 5k 27 inch iMac), then clicked calibrate in the Assistant software. I can't check at the moment as the MP is undergoing surgery and is in bits.
You could try a longer USB cable, I had to move back from the screen. I have a 50cm USB cable plugged into a hub that sits under my screen, and I still had to move the hub out onto the desk. I would estimate I was about 75cm from the screen.
Yeah the stock cable is too short and needs to be several feet longer to be useful in tasks such as this. The vision sensor calibration is a PITA in any case.

boreynoldsradio

UPDATE...So I get all the way through the process PERFECTLY until it's finished and then says "Takes about a minute to finish". after half an hour I just give up and try again. Been through the process three times!!
Bo

UPDATE...So I get all the way through the process PERFECTLY until it's finished and then says "Takes about a minute to finish". after half an hour I just give up and try again. Been through the process three times!!
Bo
Try calibrating the IMU even if it says its okay and then try doing the vision sensor calibration on a different computer screen as discussed above.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu