DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Calibration

I'm not sure if it applied to MA but some early editions of M2 would require compass calibration every 30 days or 30-50 miles from past flown location. We have no idea why DJI did that.

Beyond that, it is not normal for frequent need to calibrate.
There are a couple reasons why you might
1. You are frequently flying near magnetic interference and you're misinterpreting the given message, or the AC is misinterpreting the interference for need to calibrate.
2. Your AC has become magnetized and needs degaussing. This can especially occur if you store your AC near a magnetic source such as a speaker.

I suspect #2.

2. Your AC has become magnetized and needs degaussing. This can especially occur if you store your AC near a magnetic source such as a speaker.
I suspect #2.
An interesting theory, but my understanding of degaussing is that it is mainly used to demagnetize ferrous metal near the compass (say in an airplane or boat) that is biasing the compass. I doubt that MA has enough internal metal that would require degaussing, and I worry that trying to degauss the compass itself could easily result in a broken compass.

An interesting theory, but my understanding of degaussing is that it is mainly used to demagnetize ferrous metal near the compass (say in an airplane or boat) that is biasing the compass. I doubt that MA has enough internal metal that would require degaussing, and I worry that trying to degauss the compass itself could easily result in a broken compass.
It’s worth a try and has worked for me . Degaussing with a CFixer is quick and will not damage your aircraft. Once was all it took.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xyggi