DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

California Drone Insurance Work Around - State Farm

LADroneGuy

Reactions
Hey!

I recently purchased my mavic a couple of weeks ago. After I found out that State Farm Insurance covers drones in every state except California, I contacted them and asked them if I had an address in another state, could I insure it there. The state farm agent told me that was a possibility. I called one of the state farm insurance offices from state where my second address is and they easily insured me. All of it was done over the phone and via e-mail. Which goes to say if you have a second address in another state use that, or simply ask a friend or family member in another state if they can insure it for you using their address.

Hope this helped!

Reactions: shevlin
How much does the insurance cost, and does it cover pretty much everything? (including flyaways?)

Might do that and just use my folks address in NY

How much does the insurance cost, and does it cover pretty much everything? (including flyaways?)

Might do that and just use my folks address in NY

Yes it covers everything. It's a personal articles coverage- which means it covers practically everything (drops, mysterious disappearance, lost at sea, etc.)

The price was $60 with $0 deductible for a year, which is a complete steal!

I used this list of state farm agents from a previous post. All of the agents on this list are familiar with insuring a drone.

State Farm UAS Agents

Hey!

I recently purchased my mavic a couple of weeks ago. After I found out that State Farm Insurance covers drones in every state except California, I contacted them and asked them if I had an address in another state, could I insure it there. The state farm agent told me that was a possibility. I called one of the state farm insurance offices from state where my second address is and they easily insured me. All of it was done over the phone and via e-mail. Which goes to say if you have a second address in another state use that, or simply ask a friend or family member in another state if they can insure it for you using their address.

Hope this helped!
I'm looking to do this since I'm moving to California in a few days from Massachusetts. What happens when something happens to your drone and they send you the money. Would they send it to the address in MA or would they send it to my California address

I'm looking to do this since I'm moving to California in a few days from Massachusetts. What happens when something happens to your drone and they send you the money. Would they send it to the address in MA or would they send it to my California address

I've had to film a claim for another Personal Articles Policy, and they present you with the option of where you would like your check sent to. So once you file your claim, you can advise them of where exactly you would like it sent.

I've had to film a claim for another Personal Articles Policy, and they present you with the option of where you would like your check sent to. So once you file your claim, you can advise them of where exactly you would like it sent.
awesome . very helpful . and everything is done over the phone? getting the insurance and filing a claim no mailing things in or anything ?

In all this talk about State Farm insurance (and I’ve read a bunch of threads on this) has anyone considered that filing a claim could conceivably jack up your rates for your auto or home policy? Not just State Farm, but coverage with other companies ( claims history could be in a shared database)?

I inquired in SW WA (Longview) about this policy and they admitted to writing ONE....and the guy crashed his drone within 6 months.

They paid....then immediately cancelled his policy.

Is the drone still covered if it crashes in California? Are they not providing Cali insurance because of the address or because of any state regulations?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biggej