DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Call a "cat" a "cat" - Altitude vs height vs AGL vs MSL ...

after 51 posts,its to late to go flying now ,still there's always tomorrow

Geez, how could ASL and AGL get so complicated? Now we should spend time discussing ground speed as opposed to air speed LOL!

On another note. Belgium is a beautiful country. There are two "official" languages. Flemish and French with a small German speaking population. If you go you should visit Bastogne and the Battle of the Bulge memorial. Yes, that Battle of the Bulge.

Lovely people who like Americans.

Reactions: Hobiemark
Objects don’t count I’m afraid. Just the “terrain I’m afraid.
I thought I could fly up and over a 500 ft. building as long as I stayed within 400' of the perimeter of the building and never more than 400' above the building. Is this incorrect? A building would be an "object" and a "hill or mountain" would be terrain. Clarification please. Thanks.

I thought I could fly up and over a 500 ft. building as long as I stayed within 400' of the perimeter of the building and never more than 400' above the building. Is this incorrect? A building would be an "object" and a "hill or mountain" would be terrain. Clarification please. Thanks.
That's true if and only if you're flying under Part 107 (you'd need to have a license). Part 107.51(b) has the details.

If you are flying without a license under the recreational exception, section 44809, your limit is 400' AGL (or less in certain airspace) with no rule to allow higher in the vicinity of a tall structure.

Reactions: Aboveitall
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki