Get more from your Mavic
The largest Mavic community in the world
Join Us Now

Calling all Adelaide drone flyers.

Cirdan

Reactions
Wondering if any fellow drone flyers in Adelaide are interesting in meeting some place, at some time to learn, share experiences in person and practise some droning skills, together? Not sure if droning is supposed to be an isolating/isolated practise but personally I'd like learn from others.

Reactions: mereflyer

Cirdan

Reactions
Good luck. I would if I lived closer.
Thanks. Adelaide is a comparatively small city so I'm not holding my breath. I had thought of starting up a group through Meetup but unfortunately lately there is a cost.

Last edited:

Cirdan

Reactions
Been a while since I've regularly come onto the forum, and just looking through the Oz section, spotted this.
I'm sure being only 5 or 10 mins from you there, we can get together sometime for a fly.

There are a few MavicPilots in town, but not many forum regulars.
Yeah sounds good. Anywhere in mind? I fly for practise on the Lonsdale FB club oval and the Field River/quarry area, which isa fairly large area with almost no one around during the week and trail riders on the weekend.

MAvic_South_Oz

Reactions
Adelaide, South Australia, the great southern land
Yeah sounds good. Anywhere in mind? I fly for practise on the Lonsdale FB club oval and the Field River/quarry area, which isa fairly large area with almost no one around during the week and trail riders on the weekend.

No worries.
Maybe touch bases with a PM (Conversation) and we can swap mobiles, work out a day / time to have a fly.
I'll send you a message in a few minutes.

Grippy

Reactions
I'm a new Mavic Air owner here in Adelaide. Up north we're a little limited with Parafield Airport and the RAAF base but still some decent spots.
Down south there are tons of great spots to fly

MAvic_South_Oz

Reactions
I'm a new Mavic Air owner here in Adelaide. Up north we're a little limited with Parafield Airport and the RAAF base but still some decent spots.
Down south there are tons of great spots to fly

G'day Grippy.
Airspace would give you a few headaches there, can't say I've flown at all up your way.
Good to have the coast down here, have flown spots from Hallett Cove around the Fleurieu Peninsula to Victor at various locations.
Feel free to pop down if ever a meet up is happening, we should keep things small as too many in the sky is possibly a problem . . . have often flown with my BIL with his Air, just stay 20m or so away from him on the ground, otherwise his controls play up.
At this stage, trying to organise Mon / Tues with Cirdan once he drops me an sms.

I like flying down Pt Adelaide way too, around Garden Is is good, ships graveyard . . . still getting courage up to fly the 1.2 km to Santiago and same back, pretty much along the river, think I have a good elevated spot to fly from which should make it a breeze, but that'd be the furthest I'd have gone with the M1P . . . at least no light aircraft there with HT lines from Torrens Is a hundred metres away.

Reactions: Grippy

Grippy

Reactions
G'day Grippy.
Airspace would give you a few headaches there, can't say I've flown at all up your way.
Good to have the coast down here, have flown spots from Hallett Cove around the Fleurieu Peninsula to Victor at various locations.
Feel free to pop down if ever a meet up is happening, we should keep things small as too many in the sky is possibly a problem . . . have often flown with my BIL with his Air, just stay 20m or so away from him on the ground, otherwise his controls play up.
At this stage, trying to organise Mon / Tues with Cirdan once he drops me an sms.

I like flying down Pt Adelaide way too, around Garden Is is good, ships graveyard . . . still getting courage up to fly the 1.2 km to Santiago and same back, pretty much along the river, think I have a good elevated spot to fly from which should make it a breeze, but that'd be the furthest I'd have gone with the M1P . . . at least no light aircraft there with HT lines from Torrens Is a hundred metres away.
South is where it's at, great coastlines and scenery down that way. Mid and far north is awesome too, so much space, lots of ruins etc.
Probably won't make it down, flat out at the moment, Monday my son's got footy prac and Tuesday we have a staff meeting matter work 😭
Winter is tough for a fly by the time ya get home it's nearly dark

MAvic_South_Oz

Reactions
South is where it's at, great coastlines and scenery down that way. Mid and far north is awesome too, so much space, lots of ruins etc.
Probably won't make it down, flat out at the moment, Monday my son's got footy prac and Tuesday we have a staff meeting matter work 😭
Winter is tough for a fly by the time ya get home it's nearly dark

Yeah we're looking at potential showers M-T-W so we might even end up doing something later in the week.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 2 Case

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lee Sutterby