DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Calling all Adelaide drone flyers.

Cirdan

Reactions
Wondering if any fellow drone flyers in Adelaide are interesting in meeting some place, at some time to learn, share experiences in person and practise some droning skills, together? Not sure if droning is supposed to be an isolating/isolated practise but personally I'd like learn from others.

Good luck. I would if I lived closer.
Thanks. Adelaide is a comparatively small city so I'm not holding my breath. I had thought of starting up a group through Meetup but unfortunately lately there is a cost.

Last edited:
Been a while since I've regularly come onto the forum, and just looking through the Oz section, spotted this.
I'm sure being only 5 or 10 mins from you there, we can get together sometime for a fly.

There are a few MavicPilots in town, but not many forum regulars.

Been a while since I've regularly come onto the forum, and just looking through the Oz section, spotted this.
I'm sure being only 5 or 10 mins from you there, we can get together sometime for a fly.

There are a few MavicPilots in town, but not many forum regulars.
Yeah sounds good. Anywhere in mind? I fly for practise on the Lonsdale FB club oval and the Field River/quarry area, which isa fairly large area with almost no one around during the week and trail riders on the weekend.

Yeah sounds good. Anywhere in mind? I fly for practise on the Lonsdale FB club oval and the Field River/quarry area, which isa fairly large area with almost no one around during the week and trail riders on the weekend.

No worries.
Maybe touch bases with a PM (Conversation) and we can swap mobiles, work out a day / time to have a fly.
I'll send you a message in a few minutes.

I'm a new Mavic Air owner here in Adelaide. Up north we're a little limited with Parafield Airport and the RAAF base but still some decent spots.
Down south there are tons of great spots to fly

I'm a new Mavic Air owner here in Adelaide. Up north we're a little limited with Parafield Airport and the RAAF base but still some decent spots.
Down south there are tons of great spots to fly

G'day Grippy.
Airspace would give you a few headaches there, can't say I've flown at all up your way.
Good to have the coast down here, have flown spots from Hallett Cove around the Fleurieu Peninsula to Victor at various locations.
Feel free to pop down if ever a meet up is happening, we should keep things small as too many in the sky is possibly a problem . . . have often flown with my BIL with his Air, just stay 20m or so away from him on the ground, otherwise his controls play up.
At this stage, trying to organise Mon / Tues with Cirdan once he drops me an sms.

I like flying down Pt Adelaide way too, around Garden Is is good, ships graveyard . . . still getting courage up to fly the 1.2 km to Santiago and same back, pretty much along the river, think I have a good elevated spot to fly from which should make it a breeze, but that'd be the furthest I'd have gone with the M1P . . . at least no light aircraft there with HT lines from Torrens Is a hundred metres away.

Reactions: Grippy
G'day Grippy.
Airspace would give you a few headaches there, can't say I've flown at all up your way.
Good to have the coast down here, have flown spots from Hallett Cove around the Fleurieu Peninsula to Victor at various locations.
Feel free to pop down if ever a meet up is happening, we should keep things small as too many in the sky is possibly a problem . . . have often flown with my BIL with his Air, just stay 20m or so away from him on the ground, otherwise his controls play up.
At this stage, trying to organise Mon / Tues with Cirdan once he drops me an sms.

I like flying down Pt Adelaide way too, around Garden Is is good, ships graveyard . . . still getting courage up to fly the 1.2 km to Santiago and same back, pretty much along the river, think I have a good elevated spot to fly from which should make it a breeze, but that'd be the furthest I'd have gone with the M1P . . . at least no light aircraft there with HT lines from Torrens Is a hundred metres away.
South is where it's at, great coastlines and scenery down that way. Mid and far north is awesome too, so much space, lots of ruins etc.
Probably won't make it down, flat out at the moment, Monday my son's got footy prac and Tuesday we have a staff meeting matter work ?
Winter is tough for a fly by the time ya get home it's nearly dark

South is where it's at, great coastlines and scenery down that way. Mid and far north is awesome too, so much space, lots of ruins etc.
Probably won't make it down, flat out at the moment, Monday my son's got footy prac and Tuesday we have a staff meeting matter work ?
Winter is tough for a fly by the time ya get home it's nearly dark

Yeah we're looking at potential showers M-T-W so we might even end up doing something later in the week.

Hi I'm moving to Adelaide soon and saw this thread.
I've bought a place in walkerville, and a block of land on kangaroo island that should be a good place to start with my Mavic 2 pro!
I believe there's a fishing attachment you can add to the Mavic as well?
I figure the Mavic will be good in scoping out weed beds for the whiting as well as making movies/ taking pretty pictures but if there's a meet up...I'm in!
Cheers

If the border opens up!

Some day, ha ha.

I have 2 kids home in SA from Melb now.
Son escaped about 12 weeks ago before SA lockout of Vic metro, IT and working remotely very well from here.
He expects he will go back in the new year now.

Daughter had work suspended a couple of months ago, waited 43 days for border permit back in, now 1/2 way through quarantine, that finishes next week and guess what . . . next day work resumes in Melb so she has to fly back to Melb straight away day after getting released.
She's isolating in her home here, no visitors whatsoever, so we might see her for breaky the morning of the day she's flying back !!

Gawd this country is in trouble, hopefully things might smooth out soon.

@Laurie02 Walkerville is a nice spot.
Plenty of places around to fly, if doing anything will let you (and a few others) know, might have a little drone outing somewhere suitable.

KI is great, you've been over there before I guess ?

Fishing attachments, yes, a few types from electronic release to something mildly simple where you back the drone up to release.
You can't bring em in with the drone lol, but dropping baits into gutters while you watch the mulloway or gummy shadows below in the gutters is pretty good.

Nice fly yesterday @Cirdan . . . pity it starting lightly spotting rain and we had to leave after a battery and a half.
Will do that again sometime, nice scenic location next.
Gday MAvic_South_Oz, Sorry I haven't replied sooner but I haven't been here for a while, nor flown the drone much in the last 3 months. The weather has been pretty crap a lot of the time anyway. I have this week, however, just dusted off the drone, recharged the batteries and flown the bird for some aerial photography over on the west coast. Currently at Port Lincoln and took some nice shots along the coast, just north of Coffin Bay, yesterday which I will upload once I get home. Good to see some other South Aussies drifting into the thread. Maybe we should have a SA "fly off" some time. Regards Cirdan

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Gday MAvic_South_Oz, Sorry I haven't replied sooner but I haven't been here for a while, nor flown the drone much in the last 3 months. The weather has been pretty crap a lot of the time anyway. I have this week, however, just dusted off the drone, recharged the batteries and flown the bird for some aerial photography over on the west coast. Currently at Port Lincoln and took some nice shots along the coast, just north of Coffin Bay, yesterday which I will upload once I get home. Good to see some other South Aussies drifting into the thread. Maybe we should have a SA "fly off" some time. Regards Cirdan
Hey mate, we may have been flying in a similar area over the weekend! Was fantastic weather for it and the coast has been looking incredible. If doing more coastal/surf photography, I'd thoroughly recommend the @Phantomrain.org wetsuits for your drone! Look forward to your shots. Thumbswayup

Reactions: Cirdan
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98