DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Calling all Seinfeld fans ......

stormtheCOCKpit

Reactions
So I was flying the mini over the weekend and forgot that my remote would need a charge soon. I found myself flying and looked down and saw only 1 bar of power on the display. I was curious if any of you have experimented with how long / far you could fly it before it would turn off. I was nervous so I just kept it close to me in case the remote battery went dead. What happens also if the remote does in mid-flight? Does return to home kick in ?

All of this reminds me of a Seinfeld episode where Kramer is test driving cars for Jerry. Kramer wants to find out how long he can drive a specific car when the fuel light comes on! I had to mention this reference.

If the Tx (transmitter/Radio/Remote Control) dies the aircraft will initiate the prescribed Loss Of Signal which should normally be RTH. You'll want to confirm it in your Settings menu.

Also it's good to be aware of the Fail Safe Processes of your aircraft. You need to learn them and more importantly PRACTICE them in a safe & controlled environment. Go ahead and go out into a field and turn your Tx off when the aircraft is out a fair distance in a SAFE area and what how it behaves.

If the Tx (transmitter/Radio/Remote Control) dies the aircraft will initiate the prescribed Loss Of Signal which should normally be RTH. You'll want to confirm it in your Settings menu.

Also it's good to be aware of the Fail Safe Processes of your aircraft. You need to learn them and more importantly PRACTICE them in a safe & controlled environment. Go ahead and go out into a field and turn your Tx off when the aircraft is out a fair distance in a SAFE area and what how it behaves.

That’s a great idea !

Reactions: Capt KO and BigAl07
As of yet, there's no setting for fail-safe. It will always be RTH at this time.
If you have Fly installed on an iOS that has never connected to a Mini, you will see the setting, but it will disappear once the Mini connects.

Reactions: Capt KO

And be sure RTH altitude is above any obstructions.

I believe your Mavic Mini will do 1 of 3 things:

1. RTH (default)
2. Hover in position (not much help, if your Tx battery is dead)
3. Land immediately (no matter what's below)

Definitely do a practice run ASAP

Worse than setting return to home too low, is setting it too high. Many here have learned the hard way that the winds at 2 to 400 ft return home height, are too high for the Drone, bye-bye birdy.

Reactions: Saigondroner
Today for the first time i got the message low battery and you have 10 seconds to land i tried to land it but about a meter of the ground it did not and it took off and did a RTH by it self fantastic im still learning new things all the time safe flyiing everyone

Reactions: cacuaca and Capt KO
I believe your Mavic Mini will do 1 of 3 things:

1. RTH (default)
2. Hover in position (not much help, if your Tx battery is dead)
3. Land immediately (no matter what's below)

Definitely do a practice run ASAP
There is no option/setting as of yet to select 2 or 3. Item 3 may occur if signal loss occurs within 60ft of HP, but that's because of the way RTH works.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan