DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera and gimbal issues while recording

Dabernie

Reactions
Every single time I record a video, the recording is forcefully ended and the gimbal points the camera up to the sky. I tried upgrading and downgrading the firmware. Is this a hardware issue?

Here's a clip of the issue:

2017_03_09_16_28_27.mp4

Mine did that for the first time today. I wasn't recording video at the time and just flying around in the parking lot at work. I just landed and did a gimbal calibration and several flights later it hasn't done it again. On a side note you could get rid of some of the glare in your video if you are comfortable removing the gimbal cover (that is if you had it on in that video).

I calibrated the gimbal today, then decided to record with the props off and I could see the gimbal spasm upward as the recording forcefully stopped. It still happens on every single recording without fail, my record time being 5 minutes long at most, and 12 seconds for the fastest failure. I do have the plastic dome on, I should probably take it off haha.

Give it a shot without the gimbal cover to see if it is causing some sort of interference. If not best of luck brother. I haven't had to deal with DJI support but the thought scares me on wait times.

I flew by the house today and the camera would vibrate like crazy. I calibrated the gimbal and centered it but to no avail. Never crashed it at all. What could be the problem?

No idea. I replaced my Mavic altogether, seems like some are simply defective.

I calibrated the gimbal today, then decided to record with the props off and I could see the gimbal spasm upward as the recording forcefully stopped. It still happens on every single recording without fail, my record time being 5 minutes long at most, and 12 seconds for the fastest failure. I do have the plastic dome on, I should probably take it off haha.
Flying with the dome on will overheat your drone !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum