DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera drift

Haloweenhamster

Reactions
Took my mavic for a test flight today whilst at work post fw loading
Whilst ascending I thought the wind was blowing it backwards as the shot was moving until I saw the bottom of the mavic
Moved the camera up an and it carried on moving when I stopped, 20s later started drifting down again

Screenshot_20171028-125955.jpg

My previous Mavic had chronic drifting (and badly offset roll) but it was to the left.

I've never heard of one going downwards before?!

What's that in the shot? It looks like the air intake behind the gimbal? Is it rotating past the 90 degrees downwards??

Reactions: JC1031
And this has only happened since the fw upgrade?

Does it drift if sitting on the floor (props not spinning?)?

Tried a gimbal calibration?

Does it only happen if / when you move the camera using the wheel? Controller might need calibrating if so?

And does using the 5D joystick to fast switch up/down have the same effect? Reason I ask, using the fast switch is what I had to do each time to cure my 'left drift'.

Tbh it was only a 5 minute test flight at lunch time

I took off used the wheel to look down until it stopped, started going up and thought the wind was blowing it backwards, when I saw the mavic body in the shot I used the wheel to set it looking straight down but it carried on to about 45° then started drifting down again so I brought it into land

Will do another test flight Monday if weather is good and if it does the same I'll try the 5d button

Tried it on the table and it was ok but noticed blue circle which shows gimbal position turned red at the bottom and bounces as in video but gimbal looks steady as does the video

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum