DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera error 3

matrixx

Reactions
Hi guys, somebody know if I can do something with the error code 3?
I have a Mavic 2 pro and I swapped the camera with a Mavic 2 zoom camera.
Everithing is working fine, except this error. Should I ignored?
If I connect back the Hasselblad camera, error is gone ...
Thx.

Thx.
As I understand it, only DJI can fix the error message from the gimbal swap you made.

Reactions: matrixx
Does everybody get that error when they swap cameras?

on my mavic 2 zoom and mavic 2 pro I changed the cameras, everything was fine without errors, but when I bought another zoom gimbal on ebay and installed in my mavic 2, there was an error
I sure would like to know the reasoning behind this. Was it an OEM CAMERA/GIMBAL an actual DJI CAMERA

The same problem when installed pro camera on my zoom. Does anybody have ideas how to fix it?

i have the same issue after a camera swap. Bougt a mavic 2 zoom gimbal via AliExpress. The camera works fine but the only thing is that error 3 warning.

Could not find any thing on the web about this, well not an sollution/answer :)

The similar error on the Mavic Air is only fixed by an 'authorized' shop with their special software to re-flash the gimbal motor IC and calibrate to the new core board.

I suspect this is the case here as well. I would love to find this calibration software somewhere as this software/firmware lockout is a big pain.

So camera 3 error was a huge issue..do a gimbal swap and that error comes up which only dji can fix. Hardware is good so we would have to send to dji to clear it. Just recently being an authorized dealer they gave us access to the software to clear that error. Was a huge pain and only prolonged the repair time.. happy to say we are now capable of clearing that error finally!

So camera 3 error was a huge issue..do a gimbal swap and that error comes up which only dji can fix. Hardware is good so we would have to send to dji to clear it. Just recently being an authorized dealer they gave us access to the software to clear that error. Was a huge pain and only prolonged the repair time.. happy to say we are now capable of clearing that error finally!

I would love to have that error message get cleared, but you guys are in the US and i live in the Netherlands :(

Reactions: magosagazzu and DDS
Hola. Que bueno que hayas podido conseguir el software de dji. Lamentablemente yo vivo en Argentina y no tengo manera de enviarte el drone. Por favor, me podrías compartir ese software para así poder quitar el error code 3 de mi drone. Muchas gracias desde ya. Saludos cordiales.

Is this still the only way to get the error code cleared and the camera to work again?

Is this still the only way to get the error code cleared and the camera to work again?
SOLVED: Theres a python fix. I installed python, and pyserial and dfi tools and ran sone calibration tools and it's fixed on my Mavic air.

Tutorial on YouTube, search "gimbal Calibration Mavic python". Works on a range of drones. I didn't know anything about python before.

Reactions: Skernish
SOLVED: Theres a python fix. I installed python, and pyserial and dfi tools and ran sone calibration tools and it's fixed on my Mavic air.

Tutorial on YouTube, search "gimbal Calibration Mavic python". Works on a range of drones. I didn't know anything about python before.
I have a gimbal issue with my Mavic Air I just bought , I noticed that one of the props was always in vision , and on investigation I realised that whilst starting up the gimbal only moved up and down then on complation it flipped the gimbal over to the right and when I lightly pushed against it there was a continuous resistance and the gimbal only wants to look to the right. When I switch off everything looks and feels fine. I tried manual calibration , but nothing would move the gimbal from the facing right position , and I have a Gimbal overload error too
I also tried the Auto Gimbal Calibration , but it goes immediately to the 10% and is still there 20 mins and more later .I bought this second hand recently to gift to a relation, but I want to fix this first as he is elderly and will not be able to get abouts as much so the drone would be a boon for him to check on his animals

Newbe to drones , so need fairly basic help until I get this sorted (hopefully ) You sound like a more experienced person that might help ?

Thx.
The original release batch of the Mavic 2 line supported camera/gimbal swap between pro and zoom assemblies. DJI worked out they were missing a profitable trick and subsequent batch releases of Mav. 2's had the camera serial number paired with the airframe serial, that way, if you wanted to swap out cameras: you had to send it in to DJI to get the job done.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78