DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera failure from SD card ?

ceilmad

Reactions
I was recently flying my Mavic Pro on a day with high humidity. It worked fine one day, then the next, the camera couldn't be controlled, couldn't focus, and would go black every 3 seconds or so. I tested on 2 different phones including an iPhone, and no change. A few days later, I tried a new SD card... and problem fixed! I put the original SD in, and the problems came back. This seems strange to me... how an SD card could affect how the actual camera functions? The SD works fine in my computer. I'm curious if any else has had this issue? It was a 64 GB Sandisk Ultra.

By the way, I'm in Michigan and it gets pretty humid here too.
These cards are usually fairly Dependable I definitely have seen my share of several go bad including USB thumb drives but I would try that and format it in the mavic what do you have to lose? You might actually regain the card again LOL

I was recently flying my Mavic Pro on a day with high humidity. It worked fine one day, then the next, the camera couldn't be controlled, couldn't focus, and would go black every 3 seconds or so. I tested on 2 different phones including an iPhone, and no change. A few days later, I tried a new SD card... and problem fixed! I put the original SD in, and the problems came back. This seems strange to me... how an SD card could affect how the actual camera functions? The SD works fine in my computer. I'm curious if any else has had this issue? It was a 64 GB Sandisk Ultra.

SanDisk is pa good company so you could send it back for a new one.

No problem. They do go bad once in a while. They are the only brand I buy. Probably 20 years and I've only sent 1 back. They replaced it no questions asked.

Just picked up one more of these. Work great. It even has a photo of a drone on it. Top right corner.

Attachments

• New Saandisk 64 gb 100 mb.jpg
    New Saandisk 64 gb 100 mb.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
Reactions: scottebay
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes