DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera Focus Problem on the Air 2S

Vlak

Reactions
Hi All,

I’ve had the Air2s for a few months, and by and large it is a superb bit of kit.

However, I am noticing a focusing issue with the drone when taking still images. There appears to be an almost line about 2/3rds on the right hand side of the image which seems to be pretty blurred / out of focus, while the rest of the image is pin sharp. I have checked back through my images and the issue seems to be getting progressively worse with the more photos I take with it. (I’m shooting on JPEG + RAW and the fault seems to be evident across both files).

When I take photos (either in single or burst mode) the issue seems to persist. I normally tend to select an area on the screen to focus on the subject but it doesn’t seem to make any real difference on no matter where I focus, the ‘soft area’ seems to be there on each image I take, with varying degrees of ‘softness’ on this one particular area.

Forgive me asking perhaps basic questions as I’m still a novice to this game, but is there a way to calibrate the camera to rectify the issue, or is it something that can only be resolved by returning the Drone to DJI? I've taken a look at the camera on the drone and there is no evidence of any dirt or smudges etc on the lens itself, and the lens glass is perfectly clear. Could it maybe be a software issue or perhaps a hardware fault?

I’ve attached 2x sample images below edited to show the problem area; one is the full photo and the second is cropped highlighting the detail areas which seem to be out of focus. Notice the tress and their sharpness in comparrison to this 'line' down the image which is blurred.

Any help or pointers to rectify the issue would be great,

Many thanks,

Vlak.

dji air2s.png

dji air2sa.png

This is pretty common where there is no focus point for the camera.
A good test it to just simply test your camera with some bushes and tress , than you can tell if your camera is spot on.

SInce we mainly fly in the Rain , I need to do this to be sure of no drops on the lens , and if there is a problem with the camera than you will know right away but just looking at this , your camera has no focus point so therefore no real focus anywhere.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998