DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera freaks out and resets mid-flight

50Devastator

Reactions
Twice in the last week I have had the camera go berserk mid-flight. Anybody else have the same scenario and what was the cause/fix?

Situation:
Flying in GPS mode with ~16 satellites at about 100m altitude, miles from even the nearest house.
Recording in 4k 24fps
DJI goggles viewing in 720p
Calm to zero wind
Ambient temperature was about 20 F the first time, about 35 F the second, not sure if that has anything to do with it
About 10 minutes into each flight the camera tilts rapidly up/down, left/right, recording stops and camera settings go back to ISO 200 with 1/100 shutter (essentially a whiteout)
Lasts about 5 seconds, then manually change camera settings and return to home with elevated heart rate

While using the goggles, it looks like the Mavic is in a free fall for those ~3-5 seconds, but I can't tell if it's the camera or the machine. I probably have about 100 hours on the machine and don't recall this happening before.
I don't know how to pull the log files, or even what I would be looking for if I did.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Enter "gimbal reset" (with quotes) in the search box to get many conversations about this.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31