DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

camera issues after firmware update

pshah

Reactions
Hello, first time posting here, so I updated the firmware yesterday to the latest version on my mavic pro, everything went smoothly. After it was all done, I restarted everything, a funny thing happened, everything seemed normal, until I adjusted the gimbal pitch, my phone screen went gray, i.e. there was no image, so I restarted everything and again after a little while it would go gray, but this time after I touched to focus. So I left everything else as is, and got out of the app, and then went back in, again everything worked fine, until, i moved the drone towards an obstacle, the drone automatically stopped, but the image went all gray again..this is very disconcerting if I am out on an actual flight and it goes gray, has anyone else experienced such an issue? I am now worried to fly this thing again, appreciate any help/responses

Op, did the Mavic disconnect from your phone when it went gray? Can I ask which device you are using? This is the second instance that i have heard of this happening to someone since they updated to 1000 FW. If anyone else is experiencing this, please chime in. I have now updated 14 different Mavics to 1000, and test flown each of them for at least 5-7 minutes with my Galaxy S8+, and have not had this happen.

Op, did the Mavic disconnect from your phone when it went gray? Can I ask which device you are using? This is the second instance that i have heard of this happening to someone since they updated to 1000 FW. If anyone else is experiencing this, please chime in. I have now updated 14 different Mavics to 1000, and test flown each of them for at least 5-7 minutes with my Galaxy S8+, and have not had this happen.

Hi I am using an iphone 6s, this never happened until after the firmware update, but again I am still learning being new to it, I am not sure but it might be interference, but then again, it never happened before, it almost feels like there is a fault in the app, if i restart the app, i see the image, and then it sometimes goes blank again, i am worried that this might happen midflight

I am going to uninstall the dji go 4 app and reinstall it to see if that might help

This happened to me as well, except I don't get picture at all and can't capture footage. Tried every reinstall, different device, but nothing. Can't downgrade

Uninstall Go4, clear your phone Cache in settings then reinstall Go4 app from Playstore.

I am still having issues, but what I found was that the issues got less if I switched off my wifi router, and put phone on airplane mode, but still the firmware has definitely screwed something up

Have you tried resetting the camera in Go4 settings or even reflash firmware via Assistant2.

Yes I retried reset camera, did not help, i am now in the process of downloading an older version of dji assistant, as the current one does not see my drone or remote when plugged in and switched on, usb does make a sound though

Where could you download an older version of assistant 2?

Sounds like a cable problem to me.

Nope not a cable problem, tried it out today with other cables and from the bottom usb, flew ok for about 6 mins and then the screen went blank, to get it back I exited the app and restarted the app and it was back on again

Anyone have any ideas? Have emailed dji support a few days ago, zero response from them

Hi all, so i think I managed to figure out why I am getting the disconnected screen on the app, i swapped the micro usb to lightning cable and so far no disconnects in the last 3 flights, hopefully it stays that way

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS