DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera Repair = New Drone

krautmavic

Reactions
I got my MA from a local distributor in june, it was a bargain because of being "refurbished" with a 1-year-warranty. What they delivered was an absolutely new looking drone, no scratches or stains or even the slightest trace of usage, all the stickers, labels and protective films right in place. It worked great from the beginning, but as i took some pictures from a historical building it shows a sharpness issue, the upper-right quarter of the picture was not as sharp as the rest. I didnt recognize that before because of doing a lot of trial shots, mainly straight into landscape - but now half of the windows in this straight front sight of the biulding had crisp edges, the other half not... After going through my already taken shots I could easily define the weak area and decided to call dji support for warranty.

The "repair" worked fine, they sent me an UPS voucher and just two days later my drone (without props and any accessory as they wanted it) arrived at the repair center in the Netherlands ( I live in Germany) . Another three days later it was on the way back. They sent me a message that they had to change the camera system on warranty, free of charge.

I opened the parcel and found a new sale package inside, shrink-wrapped. Inside there was a MA with mounted props and a new case (now I have two of them...) - but this wasnt my old drone, easy to recognize because of having another serial number (and lacking my owner plate).

Yes, I'm happy to have a new drone now, without any optical issues (I tried it out immediately...) and a new set of props. And another case. But it's also a little odd that DJI actually sends me another (mint-looking) drone to avoid repair costs of about 160 $ (that's the amount in the repair bill for "new lens system and working time")... Seems like they have a solid profit margin...

Reactions: Mrmund
they do that to speed up the turn around time for a repair the one you sent in will be repaired at some point in the future perhaps they are waiting on some new cameras .

They did something similar when I sent in my controller for repair under warranty. They quoted that they were replacing the control stick modules, but they actually ended up sending me a brand new controller.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998