DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera Test: Mavic Platinum VS Inspire2 X4S

RobH2

Reactions
I tested my two drone cameras today. I wanted to compare my Inspire2 X4S and my Mavic Platinum. My backyard is a great subject because there are a lot of textures in close proximity, grass, wood grain, leaves, brick and then I added the printed page test target that had about 5 sizes of text.

All images were captured in RAW mode, Color Mode=None. I performed NO post processing. I just opened them.

The first images were exposed by using one click below where the zebra disappeared on the target. The 2nd and 3rd images were one stop down. I wanted to see if underexposing a bit was a benefit. Images 1, 2 and 3 were "tap" autofocus. Image 4 was Manual Focus with Focus Assist "High."

The lefthand full image is Inspire and the righthand full image is Mavic. I have to say, I'm impressed with the Mavic, or should I say, I'm disappointed with the X4S. In comparison, the Mavic seems to slightly edge out the X4S in this test, even as the Inspire shoots a larger image. Noise is a major problem at 400 ISO for both cameras.

Interpret this as you will but all-in-all, I'm going to be a glass "half full" guy and say that the Mavic does an awesome job against the X4S instead of saying that the X4S falls short compared to the Mavic.

The file is kind of large as it's full size. I didn't want to reduce it so you could compare it. I attached a thumbnail of what the link is.

http://nvision.s463.sureserver.com/public/Inspire-VS-Mavic_RAW%2BISO.jpg

Attachments

• Inspire-VS-Mavic_RAW+ISO_thumnb.jpg
    Inspire-VS-Mavic_RAW+ISO_thumnb.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 34
That's an interesting comparison. I would have loved to see a poll asking which picture is the Inspire & which is the Mavic.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580