DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera too good?

cj2164

Reactions
Yes I know I'm going to get flamed, but I need some help. I am trying to get decent footage for a website. I'm working in a advanced Word Press platform for the site's infrastructure. Every video I shoot with the M2P is freaking huge! So big that Word Press won't even accept it. I changed settings to shoot in h264 (h265 is not needed for this project) but the files are still huge. BTW, I am using Adobe Premiere Pro to edit and process the vids. Any suggestions would. be greatly appreciated.

You could upload to Youtube or similar, and embed from there ?
I wish, but I need the vid to run in the background of the site homepage and it has b=to be housed on a local server (government website). I don't want to be accused of using a private server!

Reactions: offtheback
OK, you don't say what the maximum upload size is, but in general you make video smaller by controlling:

1. The resolution - try transcoding it down to 1080p or even 720p using something like Handbrake.
2. The frame rate - does it need to be 30 FPS ? Probably not. You could possibly get away with transcoding it down to as little as 10 FPS, though 15 is a happy medium.
3. The Length - most web BG video is actually quite a short loop. Crop your footage down to the minimum length it can be.
4. The bitrate, which you control from the render settings in your video editor and should be set to something like 'Web Standard' - quite low for smaller file size and fast streaming.

A combination of all these things should get your clip down to a reasonable size.

Reactions: Helio Raposo
You should be able to reduce the size of the file by rendering your output to a lower resolution which I believe you can do with Adobe Premier Pro movie editor.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Black Wolf