DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

camera view not showing on Android tablet (digiland)

chefred112

Reactions
Hello All, I got a free 7" Digiland 7" android tablet from my cc rewards. I was able to install the dji go 4 app ok and it seemed to plug into the rc just fine. Started my Air, then controller which auto started the app on tablet. App opened with no issues and i was able to see all the settings and stuff on screen, but no camera view. Not sure where to check from here....just to check, I plugged my galaxy s8 phone back in to make sure everything worked fined...it did (able to see camera view on phone)...any tips would be helpful...thanks,

Fred

no, because of length, when I tried the 1st cable, it wouldn't connect at all, so to test i tried another one and it connected just fine. But you bring up a good point, I will try connecting with original cable to see if it works...and if so, maybe pick up a longer one somewhere..

darn, same symptom...app opens fine..see all the info, map...but just a black camera screen view.

Did you try and go into the Camera Settings and make sure that the exposure is set correctly?

I shouldn't have to because I've set up everything for auto.. as I've said earlier, I'll plug my phone back in and view shows fine...when I plug tablet no camera view (and made sure no plug in side port of rc)

Do you know if your cable is a data cable . A charge only won’t work . You could dump go-4 and reload it . Maybe you have a furry little gremlin hiding in your go4

I did try to play with it...nothing to view on tablet...I know the camera itself is working because when I wave at camera, I could see the auto setting move back and forth on the settings..

I had same issue with an android phone. No image when connected but change to my main android phone it works. Tried everything I could think of, gave up in the end. Android GO may be my issue, don't know but android 7 on my main phone works great. If you find out what is causing it please post back

I had the same issue when trying to use my Samsung Galaxy Tab A with my M2P. I tried everything suggested above, searched the forums, but finally gave up on it. I purchased a refurbished IPad Mini 4 and it works perfectly.

Reactions: chefred112
Im leaning that way Ral...waiting to see what deals come up for an ipad mini during xmas...will check the compatibility list to see what a better android option is as i do prefer an android tablet

If you can find yourself a lightly used Nvidia Shield Tablet dont hesitate to pick it up. It does not directly fit in the Remote Controller by sliding in but if you do go this route I have some 3 D printed brackets you can have to mount it. Mine works really well.

Reactions: chefred112
If you can find yourself a lightly used Nvidia Shield Tablet dont hesitate to pick it up. It does not directly fit in the Remote Controller by sliding in but if you do go this route I have some 3 D printed brackets you can have to mount it. Mine works really well.

thanks, I'll check into that..I have a tablet holder now so size is not a worry for me...

just for the heck of it, I'm gonna set the tablet back to scratch and just install the dji app...wel see..

You can find the Nvidia Shield Tablets used on ebay or potentially craigslist for your area. Just a thought. I'm not selling mine as I feel it is one of the best to use with the Mavic. Lots of processor power as its specifically engineered for game play on a tablet

There's a possibility it doesn't have sufficient graphics hardware to support the app.
It's a brand/model I've never heard of so I'm leaning towards that.

Reactions: zzxrox
I've had this problem since late August. The live feed disappeared after a software and firmware upgrade. I'm still flying blind (travelling in Italy so can't return it yet to see if a repair is needed). I've never crashed and I've tried various things; cable changes, reverting firmware, camera and phone / tablet settings and so on. I'm beginning to wonder if the problem isn't Android version related. Possibly needs higher than 5? I checked Playstore recently for the software and it is now telling me it is incompatible with my devices.

Bit of a bugger as I'm using it for videography. Putting it in for repair when I get back to Australia.

I broke down today and bought a refurb ipad mini (MD531LL/AB) for 129.99 on bestbuy.com...it has IOS 9 so it's suppose to work with the DJI app... I'll soon know I guess..

iOS 9 is the very bottom of where go4 will load on . I have a old iPad mini with IOS 4 and it wouldn’t work . So I went and got a mini 4 . It works flawless

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan