DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can’t download assistant 2 grrrrrrrrrrr

The solution for this has been posted numerous times in this thread.Restart win 10 in troubleshooting mode, then select option 7 to disable unsigned file checks. Go to the location of the downloaded file, right click on it, run as Administrator. Also the official DJI support forum is : DJI MAVIC forum
It's all obsolete now, there's a new fixed version. Or FileUnsigner which is much simpler and doesn't compromise the computer's security like this method.

Reactions: mnis
As many of you have I too struggled to successfully install and connect with DJI Asst. 2 with my Mavic Pro Platinum drone. Windows 10 will prevent you from installing unsigned software drivers, a problem DJI has failed to resolve for months now. I tried since December 2018 to resolve putting in many, many hours. I tried DJI support & every conceivable on-line fix, nothing worked. I tried on (4) different windows 10 computers to disable driver enforcement with no success and gave up frustrated. Finally, I was over my son’s house and saw an old computer sitting in corner he had retired. I took it home and restored original OS windows 8, no other software on computer. I rebooted the computer using the following steps to disable driver signature enforcement.
1. Hold down the Windows key on your keyboard and press the letter C to open the Charm menu, then click the gear icon (Settings).
2. Navigate to General and under Advanced Startup, click Restart Now.
3. Now Windows 8 will restart in the advanced menu options, click on Troubleshoot.
4. Click on Advanced options.
5. Next, click the Startup Settings option from the menu.
6. The Startup Settings will allow you to change various Windows configuration options including: Enable Safe Mode, Enable low-resolution video mode, and what we need — Disable driver signature enforcement. From this page simply click Restart.
7. Now Windows 8 will reboot, but instead of going to the Desktop it will start in the Startup Settings page, from here hit F7 or the number 7. Then Windows will boot in a mode that will allow you to install unsigned device drivers in the operating system.
Note: The next time you restart your computer, driver signature enforcement will be in effect again.

Now I downloaded DJI Asst 2 from this address:
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/dji_assistant/20180516/DJI+Assistant+2+1.2.4.exe
I proceeded with the installation of the software. During the course of the installation you may encounter warnings that you are installing unsigned driver signatures, you can ignore these warnings.
In my case after the software installed I connected my drone via computer USB port, started the DJI Asst. 2 software, got the opening screen, turned on the drone, bit my lip and it connected! I hope this can help for some of you,

Reactions: ff22
As many of you have I too struggled to successfully install and connect with DJI Asst. 2 with my Mavic Pro Platinum drone. Windows 10 will prevent you from installing unsigned software drivers, a problem DJI has failed to resolve for months now. I tried since December 2018 to resolve putting in many, many hours. I tried DJI support & every conceivable on-line fix, nothing worked. I tried on (4) different windows 10 computers to disable driver enforcement with no success and gave up frustrated. Finally, I was over my son’s house and saw an old computer sitting in corner he had retired. I took it home and restored original OS windows 8, no other software on computer. I rebooted the computer using the following steps to disable driver signature enforcement.
1. Hold down the Windows key on your keyboard and press the letter C to open the Charm menu, then click the gear icon (Settings).
2. Navigate to General and under Advanced Startup, click Restart Now.
3. Now Windows 8 will restart in the advanced menu options, click on Troubleshoot.
4. Click on Advanced options.
5. Next, click the Startup Settings option from the menu.
6. The Startup Settings will allow you to change various Windows configuration options including: Enable Safe Mode, Enable low-resolution video mode, and what we need — Disable driver signature enforcement. From this page simply click Restart.
7. Now Windows 8 will reboot, but instead of going to the Desktop it will start in the Startup Settings page, from here hit F7 or the number 7. Then Windows will boot in a mode that will allow you to install unsigned device drivers in the operating system.
Note: The next time you restart your computer, driver signature enforcement will be in effect again.

Now I downloaded DJI Asst 2 from this address:
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/dji_assistant/20180516/DJI+Assistant+2+1.2.4.exe
I proceeded with the installation of the software. During the course of the installation you may encounter warnings that you are installing unsigned driver signatures, you can ignore these warnings.
In my case after the software installed I connected my drone via computer USB port, started the DJI Asst. 2 software, got the opening screen, turned on the drone, bit my lip and it connected! I hope this can help for some of you,

I was breathless just reading your tale. It is really unfortunate that DJI can't tackle some of their software issues faster leaving it to users to come up with schemes like you describe.

At the moment, I just want the DATES of my files to match the date they were taken/created.

Reactions: BobLaQ
I was breathless just reading your tale. It is really unfortunate that DJI can't tackle some of their software issues faster leaving it to users to come up with schemes like you describe.

At the moment, I just want the DATES of my files to match the date they were taken/created.
No need for all this now. The issue was fixed days ago. I checked yesterday and all seems fine

Getting really fed up now ggrrrr I have just been out and got a new laptop with windows 10 coz the assistance on here say all good . Now I Can’t download assistant 2 for my Mavic 2 zoom so I can’t bloody fly it .. why is windows blocking me from downloading assistant 2 ?????????????????????????????
Also having a similar issue. My MA needs a vision position system update. But I cannot download DJI ASSISTANT 2. Very annoying that my windows laptop cannot download. Feels safer without a warning on the iPad all the time. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, MR MAC

Also having a similar issue. My MA needs a vision position system update. But I cannot download DJI ASSISTANT 2. Very annoying that my windows laptop cannot download. Feels safer without a warning on the iPad all the time. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, MR MAC
When did you try to download last?

I just downloaded Windows V2.0.7 and installed. Their release notes state: 1. Fixed an issue where the assistant software cannot be installed and used on some Windows 10 systems.
Well, didn't work for me on my brand new HP Pavillion laptop. I still have my Windows 8 machine fall back option.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000