DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can’t see number of channels with Mavic Mini

Kadz

Reactions
If I understand correctly, under the Transmission tab of the DJI Fly app, I’m supposed to be able to see 13 or 11 channels (to see whether it’s in CE or FCC mode), but those numbered channels are not there in my app. (See the attached screenshot). Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• 7816AD62-1CD4-4FC7-A997-53CED0F7BE96.jpeg
    7816AD62-1CD4-4FC7-A997-53CED0F7BE96.jpeg
    307.2 KB · Views: 54
If I understand correctly, under the Transmission tab of the DJI Fly app, I’m supposed to be able to see 13 or 11 channels (to see whether it’s in CE or FCC mode), but those numbered channels are not there in my app. (See the attached screenshot). Any help would be appreciated!

What your seeing are the 5.8ghz channels which suggests your MM is a FCC model

What model of controller do you have?
Same screen from my MR1SD25 using 2.4GHz

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200712-141611.png
    Screenshot_20200712-141611.png
    816.6 KB · Views: 35
What your seeing are the 5.8ghz channels which suggests your MM is a FCC model
My Mini is an FCC model, does that mean it won't show the numbered channels?
The reason I want to see them is because I don't like in the USA, so I want to do the hack to make sure I'm getting the max range.

My Mini is an FCC model, does that mean it won't show the numbered channels?
The reason I want to see them is because I don't like in the USA, so I want to do the hack to make sure I'm getting the max range.

You won't see the 2.4ghz channels with a FCC Mini only the 5.8ghz ones, the FCC model does not have the circuitry for 2.4ghz
If you look at the Mavic Mini specs, the FCC model already has the highest transmission power compared to the 2.4ghz mode on the CE model.
The range is related to the transmission power so with the MM design, the FCC model already has the better range.

1594639197094.png

Try some Yagi Antenna extenders (the 5.8ghz model has 6 poles) too see if they help with the range

Last edited:
You won't see the 2.4ghz channels with a FCC Mini only the 5.8ghz ones, the FCC model does not have the circuitry for 2.4ghz
If you look at the Mavic Mini specs, the FCC model already has the highest transmission power compared to the 2.4ghz mode on the CE model.
The range is related to the transmission power so with the MM design, the FCC model already has the better range.

View attachment 107680

Try some Yagi Antenna extenders (the 5.8ghz model has 6 poles) too see if they help with the range

I see. So you only see the 1-11 or 1-13 channels if you're using 2.4 ghz, correct?

However, if I take the drone to Europe for example, doesn't the drone check the GPS location and limit the range to comply with local restrictions? That's what I wanted to circumvent using the GPS location CE to FCC mode hack. I heard it works if you have an FCC model and take it somewhere other than the USA.

I see. So you only see the 1-11 or 1-13 channels if you're using 2.4 ghz, correct?

However, if I take the drone to Europe for example, doesn't the drone check the GPS location and limit the range to comply with local restrictions? That's what I wanted to circumvent using the GPS location CE to FCC mode hack. I heard it works if you have an FCC model and take it somewhere other than the USA.

Yes, You'll have to use the FCC hack in Europe to maintain the range, without the hack a FCC MM in a CE country will default to the 5.8ghz (<14db) 500m range

Yes, You'll have to use the FCC hack in Europe to maintain the range, without the hack a FCC MM in a CE country will default to the 5.8ghz (<14db) 500m range

Yeah.

I tried the hack today, and I think if done successfully, a message about resetting network settings or something is supposed to pop up, but it didn't for me. I'm not sure if it still works with the latest update. The GPS spoof worked (I was in the USA on the map), but the message failed to appear. And since I can't check the channels to see if it worked, I think the only way to check is through an actual range test.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverbobomalem