DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can anyone confirm if the MM Prop Guards are interchangeable with the MM2

crash3x

Reactions
I’ve messaged with DJI and they said the MM prop guards are NOT compatible with the MM2.

But I’ve read posts and seen a few pictures but no videos of them in actual use.

Can anyone confirm if they are interchangeable?

I’ve messaged with DJI and they said the MM prop guards are NOT compatible with the MM2.

But I’ve read posts and seen a few pictures but no videos of them in actual use.

Can anyone confirm if they are interchangeable?

I just checked they are NOT, front does not fit, rear fits well but the front you would have to force it and jam it in in order to close it, the profile of the hole is slightly different from the profile of the front leg, the difference is small and you might be able to force since all parts are plastic it but I will not be forcing it, just to prove the point.

Reactions: Youser
( Mod Removed Language)I bought Mini 1 guards by mistake thinking there was only 1 type. Will likely cost as much in shipping to return

Reactions: Modra
I also bought the MM1 guards after multiple posters said they fit fine, including one who is apparently an approved vendor. So big thanks for that.

edit - looks like the seller I bought from on ebay offers free returns, so I'll be good. Lesson learned for jumping the gun.

Last edited:
I just checked they are NOT, front does not fit, rear fits well but the front you would have to force it and jam it in in order to close it, the profile of the hole is slightly different from the profile of the front leg, the difference is small and you might be able to force since all parts are plastic it but I will not be forcing it, just to prove the point.
Thanks for the info! Like someone mentioned below, a lot of ppl are saying they do fit.. I messaged DJI and they said they do not fit.. I’m guessing like you mentioned maybe ppl are forcing them on? Like yourself, I won’t risk it..

I just liked using them on my MM for no worry, fearless flying indoors, in general I didn’t use them much but liked the option.. I guess it’ll just be another accessory I’ll have to purchase down the road.. Thanks Again!

Thanks for the info! Like someone mentioned below, a lot of ppl are saying they do fit.. I messaged DJI and they said they do not fit.. I’m guessing like you mentioned maybe ppl are forcing them on? Like yourself, I won’t risk it..

I just liked using them on my MM for no worry, fearless flying indoors, in general I didn’t use them much but liked the option.. I guess it’ll just be another accessory I’ll have to purchase down the road.. Thanks Again!

Imagine the back fits perfectly and here is how the front looks like, you will need to "massage" it quite a bit, and since the front arms are much stiffer it is an even harder job. I'm not sure how anyone who installed it could think it is a good fit :)?

IMG_1187.JPG

IMG_1188.JPG

I have them for my mini and are fun to use inside bouncing off stuff. If they are just a little off and I don’t know as I don’t have this new one can you not take h heat gun and fix them so they do fit.
Just asking for a bunch of friends.

Well to return them to China might cost as much as the prop guards did.. shopping was free as I ordered at same time as drone.

Anyone know how expensive mailing something to China is from Canada?

Well to return them to China might cost as much as the prop guards did.. shopping was free as I ordered at same time as drone.

Bet it ain’t cheap. Gotta figure what you will get back Vs what you would pay to send em back . Is it worth the trouble ?‍♂️
Maybe contact DJI and they will pay the shipping. Ya never know
but a e mail is free.

return it and try to fly enough
I have them for my mini and are fun to use inside bouncing off stuff. If they are just a little off and I don’t know as I don’t have this new one can you not take h heat gun and fix them so they do fit.
That’s a good idea worth trying.. A lil heating up from a heat gun to get that little bit of extra bend it needs..

Sorry to muddy the waters but I was advised by DJI over the webchat that the guards were compatible so I ordered a set with my new Mini2 from Amazon UK.
Arrived yesterday and they do seem to fit. I have no previous experience of drones but as an engineer I would describe them as a tight fit. That's kind of what I would have expected. If I thought they weren't going on I would not have forced them. Made a full flight this morning, seemed OK to my untrained eyes.

Attachments

• PXL_20201108_163949514.jpg
    PXL_20201108_163949514.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 22
Reactions: twobob

I was going to send back a lens filter ($45) the postage back was $137 . Guess who still has a filter i cant use lol.

Sorry to muddy the waters but I was advised by DJI over the webchat that the guards were compatible so I ordered a set with my new Mini2 from Amazon UK.
Arrived yesterday and they do seem to fit. I have no previous experience of drones but as an engineer I would describe them as a tight fit. That's kind of what I would have expected. If I thought they weren't going on I would not have forced them. Made a full flight this morning, seemed OK to my untrained eyes.
Go figure lol, I messaged with DJI here in the USA the other day and they said they would Not fit..
Like you, I to have “heard” they do, they don’t etc. this is why I reached out to the community..
Attached is a screenshot of my chat with DJI..MM2_Battery_Prop's_Prop Guards.png

• Haha
Reactions: gorses

I think if you are good with a heat gun you can make it work for sure. The difference is not big, so you just have to be gentle with it.

I am sure they can be deformed to fit. Maybe cutting procedure is an option?

Well I finally got the time to try for myself and YES the original MM prop guards WILL fit on the MM2.
I put my MM prop guards on my MM2 tonight with relative ease, no forcing or bending, they fit like they were made for it.

I was originally told by DJI and posted my messages with DJI above saying that they would NOT fit but they sure do and they work fine! I flew all around my house for about 20 minutes and not one issue, they work perfect so I apologize for any confusion but my incorrect info was straight from DJI.

They fit and they work perfect! I'm attaching a short video clip. Well scratch that, I cropped my video to 3sec and I still can't attach it so I attached a screen shot....

Attachments

• IMG_2273.jpg
    IMG_2273.jpg
    813 KB · Views: 15
Well I finally got the time to try for myself and YES the original MM prop guards WILL fit on the MM2.
I put my MM prop guards on my MM2 tonight with relative ease, no forcing or bending, they fit like they were made for it.

I was originally told by DJI and posted my messages with DJI above saying that they would NOT fit but they sure do and they work fine! I flew all around my house for about 20 minutes and not one issue, they work perfect so I apologize for any confusion but my incorrect info was straight from DJI.

They fit and they work perfect! I'm attaching a short video clip. Well scratch that, I cropped my video to 3sec and I still can't attach it so I attached a screen shot....

Maybe you just bought the right guards, in our local store they have different item numbers and even different price 20$ vs 26$

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan