DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can anyone recommend a nice case for the Classic?

I picked up the Symik P380-M3D on Amazon and it works great. Great build quality and lots of customization options with the cut outs. It is not the cheapest option, but it protects the investment well!

The Symik case is a full inch and a half thicker at 6.6” than the 5.1” Smatree version I use, because it places the batteries in vertically, instead of horizontally. It makes the case huge! The Smatree is more like a thin briefcase, while the Symik seems like like a giant litigation bag! I returned it.

Everyone - or MOST everyone has a favorite case, as this thread illustrates. I will throw in the PGYTECH "Safety Carrying Case" as it is tough, waterproof (actual IP Rating) and well laid out. It also supports 5 batteries. Exactly the number I have, lol.

Look at that handle:
PGYtech2.JPG

Interior shot:
PGYtech3.JPG

Second place runner up is Symik Cases. They are really creative. Mentioned earlier by brbeck13 The 2 layer cases are fantastic and you can semi model them with cut pieces they supply. This dual layer, user customizable case has the SAME OUTER SHELL as the PGYTECH one at $30 less. The pieces for different layouts are pre-cut and the lower layer ones have adhesive, so you need to get it right the first time. Interestingly they WILL send you different foam pieces if you change the layout for say a different tablet in the lower layer. Just contact them on Amazon. An outstanding company.

Yes they put the batteries vertical. The extra height (when laying flat) or Width, mentioned by GadgetGuy when standing is offset by the best layout I have seen - 51 Drones Youtube Channel has reviewed the Mavic 3 one.

I also have the Mini 3 Pro one he mentions from PGYTECH - It is one of the strongest shells for Mini 3 Pro. I should know. I ordered and returned 6 cases before settling on the PGYTECH. One note is they latches are single locking. That is it's one flaw, if that matters to you. The latches have never opened accidentally, and probably never will, but I just like well designed double latches with safety locks that you can open with one hand/motion if well designed (as on the Mavic 3 PGYTECH/Symik shell.)

Last edited:
Reactions: brbeck13
I just ordered a Mavic 3 Classic and I’m wanting something to store it in. Doesn’t need to be the best quality or anything.

I only have the Classic with a DJI RC. Don’t know if I’ll add extra batteries yet or not.
Look on Ebay or maybe Amazon for the M3 case that comes with the extra battery package. Thats a hardcore well built case with the best quality fabric and buckles of ANY case available that I have seen.
It has a RSVP of like $250 but I found mine brand new and unused on ebay for about $70.

Heres a perfect example that took me 5 seconds to find. BEST CASE EVER!

I use the DJI shoulder bag that came with my Cine (same as fly more and is pictured above). At first I did not like it but the more I used it the more it grew on me. I'm not even sure now what I didn't like about it since now my thoughts are it's ideal for my needs. I never feel my drone or batteries are not protected. The bag is also comfortable to carry and work from. I don't know... It just works.

Look on Ebay or maybe Amazon for the M3 case that comes with the extra battery package. Thats a hardcore well built case with the best quality fabric and buckles of ANY case available that I have seen.
It has a RSVP of like $250 but I found mine brand new and unused on ebay for about $70.

Heres a perfect example that took me 5 seconds to find. BEST CASE EVER!

I agree. For $70, I couldn't resist, either! I use it for my backup Mavic 3! It's a bit bulkier than I would like, but everything slides in and out easily, and it has great flexibility in how you use it. I would never have paid $250 for it, but at $70 it is a great value!

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
I agree. For $70, I couldn't resist, either! I use it for my backup Mavic 3! It's a bit bulkier than I would like, but everything slides in and out easily, and it has great flexibility in how you use it. I would never have paid $250 for it, but at $70 it is a great value!
Got it for $75 new on eBay. Not to use for my M3, but to use with my M3P. It is a very good quality "soft" bag that can be used in several configurations. Holds everything I need for the M3P.

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
Got it for $75 new on eBay. Not to use for my M3, but to use with my M3P. It is a very good quality "soft" bag that can be used in several configurations. Holds everything I need for the M3P.
I wanted something much smaller for my Mini 3 Pro, and opted for an Autel EVO bag for about $30. It fits with either the RC Pro or DJI RC on top with the sticks still mounted for quick deployment.
It also holds the Mavic 3 or Mavic 3 Classic, with three batteries underneath, the drone horizontally in the middle, and the controller on top. Well made, nice handle, shoulder strap, and a zippered compartment in front for spare props and memory cards. Just don't put any Autel drone in it. Their drones suck, but they make nice bags! LOL!

Reactions: PAW
I just ordered a Mavic 3 Classic and I’m wanting something to store it in. Doesn’t need to be the best quality or anything.

I only have the Classic with a DJI RC. Don’t know if I’ll add extra batteries yet or not.
I'm going to weigh in this. I bought a case on Amazon from Startrc and I just love it. Holds the drone, 3 batteries, charger, spare props. It's light and sturdy. Also, you can store the RC controller with the sticks installed if you hot-glue a couple of small foam blocks into it and put the controller upside down. It saves a few seconds when setting up to fly (I also have after-market longer sticks, even)
1678548623118.png

Also, because I hate the jock-strap gimbal cover with a passion, I bought this one Amazon. It's super easy to put on and remove:
1678548701380.png

My 2 cents...

I use the same cases as Chrislaf. There is a similar one fo a DJI RC Controler. I have also separate packs for each battery. Sometimes I don’t need additional batteries, sometimes I need one or two. I find it the best solution as I don’t need to carry things I don’t actually need
Chris

Reactions: Chrislaf

I've have several Nanuk cases and really like them. Better than a Pelican, IMO.

I use a case for the drone and a separate one for the rc. These are made by Sunnylife and they suit me very well as the are compact and protect the equipment when I am out and about. One of my issues was that I wanted the rc to be in the case with control sticks in place because I don't like fidgeting in the field.

Reactions: kilhan
The drawback to the “pick and pluck” cubes is that over time, some of the cubes pick and pluck on their own. Your results may vary.
After two years my pick and pick foam is … and the cases may be nice but aren’t optimized for the drone. Get one for your specific drone with precut hard foam. It’s a perfect fit and is competitive with the DIY stuff.

Reactions: KLRSKIR
After two years my pick and pick foam is … and the cases may be nice but aren’t optimized for the drone. Get one for your specific drone with precut hard foam. It’s a perfect fit and is competitive with the DIY stuff.
I'll second the vote for precut hard foam that is properly custom fit for the drone. Unfortunately, some of the cheaper precut ones just don't fit properly, and are completely unusable, causing more damage than protection during insertion and removal. The hard 5.1” thick Smatree case I referenced above does fit properly, and is snug, but not too tight.

Reactions: KLRSKIR
Check out GPC cases if you're looking to go with a hard case. High quality to totally protect your investment. Also, be VERY wary of "soft foam." It will, over time, denigrate and you'll have a drone full of foam bits. ALWAYS hard foam from a reputable manufacture.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
The nice cases here are good suggestions but before you spend a lot for a case ( unless money is no issue), Go to the Nearest Harbor Freight and look at their similar hard cases . They are easy to customize .
I've used one for 2+ years and its worked well for me. The foam insert will eventually wear because it is modular, and you remove 1/2 inch squares for fitment....... I'm getting a chunk of foam and cut it myself. Good luck_RVH9594.jpg_RVH9595.jpg_RVH9596.jpg_RVH9594.jpg_RVH9596.jpg

_RVH9595.jpg

The best way to cut solid foam is with a electric carving knife . You can buy one around $ 15 and you can re-use it at Thanksgiving for the Turkey

Reactions: Starz
D
I use modular cases that are widely available for reasonable prices on Amazon and other places. These cases are available for the drone and controller. They allow me to reconfigure my setup on-the-fly depending on what I am doing - hiking, skiing, etc. I put them in a photo bag or a backpack or whatever suits the situation.

I do have a Pelican hard case that has been configured with pluck foam but I rarely use it (except on weeks long trips) as it is big, heavy and bulky.

Here’s an example of what I have.

Chris

View attachment 161434
Does that type of case exist for batteries as well?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mandeh