DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can anyone recommend a nice case for the Classic?

eysikal

Reactions
I just ordered a Mavic 3 Classic and I’m wanting something to store it in. Doesn’t need to be the best quality or anything.

I only have the Classic with a DJI RC. Don’t know if I’ll add extra batteries yet or not.

I put together all of my cases for all of my drones. Semi customized

Hard case and water proof also

Simple, effective, and cheap; the line of Apache cases from Harbor Freight. You can customize the foam interior the way you want to lay your equipment out. They are of the same quality level as Pelican cases; completely dust and waterproof oh and did I mention cheap.

Simple, effective, and cheap; the line of Apache cases from Harbor Freight. You can customize the foam interior the way you want to lay your equipment out. They are of the same quality level as Pelican cases; completely dust and waterproof oh and did I mention cheap.
Nice. So you buy these and custom cut the foam with an Exacto knife or something?

I wonder if this one would work to hold all the stuff in the standard Classic kit. 3800 Weatherproof Protective Case, Large, Black

Reactions: crlmjohnson
exactly...on point!

The foam is precut cubes you just pluck out the ones you want or use a exacto knife or razor blade to make it easier. The foam is also several layers so you can cut shallow compartments or deep ones; you decide.
The drawback to the “pick and pluck” cubes is that over time, some of the cubes pick and pluck on their own. Your results may vary.

Reactions: KLRSKIR and davidp
i was able to find some foam at lowes that fit the case that i also purshase from lowes. that I custom cut myself

Dewalt ToughSystem 2.0 22in small tool box

I also order foam to fix the box, drew and cut the patterns on the foam myself. for my mavic 3

from homedepot
1678125443313.png1

1678125488968.png

for my mavic air....I have one of these:
1678125601520.png

and last for my other mavic:
1678125714700.png

Hmm you spent over $2k on a drone and you want a cheap case?
I have several drones case check AMAZON you can find nice cases designed for YOUR drone.
Cases are like shoes you’ve got to find what works for you.

Reactions: Starz
I picked up the Symik P380-M3D on Amazon and it works great. Great build quality and lots of customization options with the cut outs. It is not the cheapest option, but it protects the investment well!

I quite like the case/bag that is supplied with Flymore kit for the Mavic 3. Holds 3 batteries, RC, aircraft, and comes with a nice storage box to hold the charger(s) cables and charging hub. Plus room for spare props. Can be carried with one hand or backpacked with included straps that store nicely inside the bag when not needed. Its not cheap but it is very well made and seems to be quite durable.

I use modular cases that are widely available for reasonable prices on Amazon and other places. These cases are available for the drone and controller. They allow me to reconfigure my setup on-the-fly depending on what I am doing - hiking, skiing, etc. I put them in a photo bag or a backpack or whatever suits the situation.

I do have a Pelican hard case that has been configured with pluck foam but I rarely use it (except on weeks long trips) as it is big, heavy and bulky.

Here’s an example of what I have.

Chris

602A0CD3-62B7-4075-B040-6DB9956523AF.jpeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian