DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can DJI Go (not Go 4) be used with mavic 2?

PropSpin

Reactions
I have an older device w/ iOS 9 whatever running on it and Go4 requires at least iOS 10. Can DJI Go work with the Mavic 2? And if it does, would it be advisable?

I have an older device w/ iOS 9 whatever running on it and Go4 requires at least iOS 10. Can DJI Go work with the Mavic 2? And if it does, would it be advisable?
More important that the version of iOS is that the phone or tablet has sufficient RAM, processing and graphics power to deal with the resource hungry Go 4 app.
Trying to run the app on a sub-par device will lead to disappointment.

Thanks all. I thought for sure that I read on DJI's site two weeks ago that iOS 9 was supported for Go4, but I either read wrong or the last update changed things. I have a Moto g4 play that works fine other than it drains the remote battery and I don't want extra wear on that battery. So I have an iPod touch 5 that I wanted to see if I could use until I can get a small tablet. Guess not though.

Thanks all. I thought for sure that I read on DJI's site two weeks ago that iOS 9 was supported for Go4, but I either read wrong or the last update changed things. I have a Moto g4 play that works fine other than it drains the remote battery and I don't want extra wear on that battery. So I have an iPod touch 5 that I wanted to see if I could use until I can get a small tablet. Guess not though.

As @Meta4 mentioned above - even if the iPod managed to run the GO 4 app it is unlikely to have the processing power to run it well. Not worth the risk.

Reactions: PropSpin
Android charge drain on the RC is marginal. It only supplies the USB spec max of 500mA.
I've had the remote use up to 35% if not more of the battery during one flight of the M2P. That's with starting out with a full charge on my phone. I do not need, nor do I want my remote to act as a charging station for my phone.
I've been thinking about rooting my phone for a little while now anyway, and supposedly rooting it will give me the ability to have the USB connected and not receive a charge.

I've had the remote use up to 35% if not more of the battery during one flight of the M2P. That's with starting out with a full charge on my phone. I do not need, nor do I want my remote to act as a charging station for my phone.
I've been thinking about rooting my phone for a little while now anyway, and supposedly rooting it will give me the ability to have the USB connected and not receive a charge.

I've also noticed that the M2 RC uses significantly more battery % than the MP RC.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dean1980