DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can DJI replace the two batteries that bulged from the Flymore kit?

folaliajr

Reactions
Can DJI replace the two batteries that bulged? They both came from the Flymore kit I bought together with my MP2. MP2's battery is working fine.
Perhaps they are under warranty because it appears they are factory defect.

Can DJI replace the two batteries that bulged? They both came from the Flymore kit I bought together with my MP2. MP2's battery is working fine.
Perhaps they are under warranty because it appears they are factory defect.
They will be replaced only if they are within the warranty period, which for batteries is 6 months from date of purchase.

They will be replaced only if they are within the warranty period, which for batteries is 6 months from date of purchase.
Unlike many American companies that I've had experience with,DJI does not extend their warranty one iota.That's what you can get away with when you have 70% of the market.What retailer did you buy them from?Hope it wasn't DJI directly.What's the date of manufacture?

Actually many have successfully convinced DJI to replace the batteries even after the 6 months. This especially true if the batteries were made July-August 2018 which are the ones that most tended to swell a year later (last year).

I would bet that if you had Care Refresh Plus in effect, which extended the AC warranty, they may be more willing.

It can't hurt to put in a claim.

I not agree with you, the 3 batterys I got problems (swollen) after about 15 month I got 2 replaced from DJI.
! of the 3 I open so I can not expect the give a new one for that one, but the other 2 they replace with restrictions, the will only send to the country(s) where you bought the batterys.
See also this commen from me today:: Intelligent batteries --Where to buy

I not agree with you, the 3 batterys I got problems (swollen) after about 15 month I got 2 replaced from DJI.
! of the 3 I open so I can not expect the give a new one for that one, but the other 2 they replace with restrictions, the will only send to the country(s) where you bought the batterys.
You may not agree with me and you may well have had your batteries replaced out of warranty, but that is not the norm. That was an exception. I can only go by DJI's official policy.

You may not agree with me and you may well have had your batteries replaced out of warranty, but that is not the norm. That was an exception. I can only go by DJI's official policy.
I only tell you my experiences, contacting the same DJI,
So, differnce experiences.....ok now?

Reactions: PhantomFandom
Granted DJI normally doesn't offer much exception to their warranty, but they realized last year they have a problem with the M2 batteries so they're being more flexible on this issue. They even tipped their hand in practically admitting it when they changed the app/firmware to allow changing the discharge days from the fixed 10 days, and making the default 5 days. Prior to last year, all DJI products had 10 days as default.

Unlike many American companies that I've had experience with,DJI does not extend their warranty one iota.That's what you can get away with when you have 70% of the market.What retailer did you buy them from?Hope it wasn't DJI directly.What's the date of manufacture?
I bought the Flymore that included the batteries from Urban Gadgets located 30thAyaala Malls in Pasig City sometime November 2018

May I know where you sent your request for the battery replacement? It would help me if I can write them too.

Submit a support request from what I understand.

The batteries manufactured July/August 2018 were the ones that showed to be the most trouble summer of last year. November 2018 would be close to the same time. The only thing is that yours are now almost two years old so DJI might push back.

You wouldn't have Refresh Plus, would you? That extended the AC warranty to two years. That didn't include the batteries but that and the known battery issues last year may soften them up.

Last edited:
May I know where you sent your request for the battery replacement? It would help me if I can write them too.
To be exactly, I has a 'Care refresh' bought for one year, but don't buy an extension, and after that time it happens.
I send a complain through there website, first they ask for the serialnumbers with videoproof of swollen.
After that somebody make contact by email in Europe, because I bought the drone including a battery in the Netherlands, for the second one, as I mentioned bought in Asia they send a message to some customer service in Asia, I think Hong Kong, after some delay that customerservive contact me to where it have to send, my answer as I have explained was to Thailand, with negative results.
Because I don't has any battery anymore, I order one battery in Thailand, by Lazada, the battery I got was an original but not charged, nothing! In contrast to the one they send to the Netherlands, who was charged for 25%
After all it is confusing.

To be exactly, I has a 'Care refresh' bought for one year, but don't buy an extension, and after that time it happens.
I send a complain through there website, first they ask for the serialnumbers with videoproof of swollen.
After that somebody make contact by email in Europe, because I bought the drone including a battery in the Netherlands, for the second one, as I mentioned bought in Asia they send a message to some customer service in Asia, I think Hong Kong, after some delay that customerservive contact me to where it have to send, my answer as I have explained was to Thailand, with negative results.
Because I don't has any battery anymore, I order one battery in Thailand, by Lazada, the battery I got was an original but not charged, nothing! In contrast to the one they send to the Netherlands, who was charged for 25%
After all it is confusing.
I gather from your letter that the Europeans had a good Customer Care program than here in Asia. My battery, unfortunately, was bought in the Philippines. Distributor here seems to be very unsatisfactory.
Thanks for your tips.
Frank

Reactions: Patrickgood
Good to hear that DJI replaced yours.

DJI Customer Service was great with my plea. They replaced all three of my batteries that I received with my M2P Fly More Combo. I originally purchased the unit from DJI on the introductory date way back when. All three began to bulge within a couple weeks of each other. They were most likely part of the first batch that rolled out with the unit's introduction. I let them know that if their 1 year warranty was their way of warning of inevitable failure, who in their right mind would buy their product, especially when you consider that to replace all three batteries you are paying 25% of the cost of the entire Fly More Combo. Hmmm.....

DJI Customer Service was great with my plea. They replaced all three of my batteries that I received with my M2P Fly More Combo. I originally purchased the unit from DJI on the introductory date way back when. All three began to bulge within a couple weeks of each other. They were most likely part of the first batch that rolled out with the unit's introduction. I let them know that if their 1 year warranty was their way of warning of inevitable failure, who in their right mind would buy their product, especially when you consider that to replace all three batteries you are paying 25% of the cost of the entire Fly More Combo. Hmmm.....
Congratulations!! We, in the Philippines, are not so blessed

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan