DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I ever trust Mini Pro 3 again

Fell is the past tense of fall.
Really? Wow. In my 60 odd years no one has told me that.
why do you continue as if there is another explanation?
Because
a) we do not KNOW if it descended unpowered.
Despite repeated requests the OP has failed to clarify the nature of the descent. Their posts #33 and #34 raise the possibility that the drone did continue to fly after the disconnection.
I have seen 'my drone fell from the sky' threads where the drone did not literally fall from the sky but rather descended under power whilst not responding to the pilot's commands.
There have also been mini 3 pro threads where, whilst powered and with the motors running,
the drone descended FAR faster that the specs say it should and in one instance I think the drone bounced off the ground.
b) Drones have disconnected without losing power and continued to fly, malfunctions/accidents have happened and disconnected drones have not always RTH'ed.
c) Mini 3 Pro have literally fallen from the sky whilst the drone still had electrical power - because their control system had stopped the drone's motors.

As you well know, a motor stop terminates the recording of the .txt flight log just as effectively as a disconnection does.

It is of course possible that the drone did literally fall and I can imagine two possible reasons
1) a motor stop as mentioned above
2) the battery being dislodged, either through being not installed properly or the battery clips breaking. The latter is why I asked about the state of the battery clips but again the OP has failed to answer that question.

Both of those would result in the termination of the .txt flight log and neither you nor I would, with the currently available information, be any the wiser.

Why do you continue to insisted that an unpowered fall is the only explanation?

Last edited:
Reactions: MARK (LI)
Really? Wow. In my 60 odd years no one has told me that.

Because
a) we do not KNOW if it descended unpowered.
b) Drones have disconnected without losing power and continued to fly, malfunctions have happened and disconnected drones have not always RTH'ed.
c) Mini 3 Pro have literally fallen from the sky whilst the drone still had electrical power - because their motors have stopped.

As you well know, a motor stop terminates the recording of the .txt flight log just as effectively as a disconnection does.

We don't know the nature of the drone's descent since the OP has not clarified the speed with which it descended. Their posts #33 and #34 raise the possibility that it did continue to fly after the disconnection.

It is of course possible that the drone did literally fall and I can imagine two possible reasons
1) a motor stop as mentioned above
2) the battery being dislodged, which is why I asked about the state of the battery clips.

Both of those would result in the termination of the .txt flight log and neither you nor I would, with the currently available information, be any the wiser.

Because ...
You're overthinking this.

No I am not, you asked for scenarios and I have presented them.
I could equally say you are failing to consider alternatives.

Reactions: MARK (LI)
It fell as fast a a Mini falls when it has no power.
As he never found either drone, he can't check the batteries.
The person who found the drone said it still had power when they found it.. Which I don't understand if the drone disconnected lost power and fell to the ground .

I don't think its my drone they found.
also it rained last night so if my drone is still out there its probably toast😥

That is very easily checked.
Check whether or not your controller connects to the drone.
Check the serial number against those in the flight log of the incident.
Check whether or not the contents of the card are your photos videos etc .

If you don't know how to check the serial numbers, here start the drones motors and post the flight log, if the motors won't start then post the DAT from the phone or controller.

Last edited:
Reactions: ekky-thump
The person who found the drone said it still had power when they found it.. Which I don't understand if the drone disconnected lost power and fell to the ground .
If the battery dislodged enough to break the electrical connection, that would cause the drone to fall.
But there could still be plenty of juice in the battery days later.

also it rained last night so if my drone is still out there its probably toast😥
Just wondering, have you
checked the serial numbers, linking and the contents of the memory card etc. to confirm whether or not the drone is yours as was suggested in post 46 ?

Reactions: Dronecation
So it’s a third
not mine dam
so it’s potentially a third drone that has gone down in that area. Maybe it’s a drone equivalent of Bermuda Triangle?🥸

I’m guessing there is not going to be any reasonable explanation to this and bickering amongst our respected members here is counter productive, so let’s leave this as an unexplained loss

You're right ... with your attitude, you can't ever trust a drone again.
You'd better give up any dreams of drone flying.
No just the mini 3 pro I have an air 1 that I've been flying since the first week they came out and its never failed me on its own I failed it a couple times. But its still flying today. Also I've been looking at the mini pro 4 and I haven't seen anything bad about them YET

No just the mini 3 pro I have an air 1 that I've been flying since the first week they came out and its never failed me on its own I failed it a couple times. But its still flying today. Also I've been looking at the mini pro 4 and I haven't seen anything bad about them YET
🤣

So having 2 flyaway s do to no fault of my own how could I ever trust this drone again.
It was probably cheating with a Mavic 3 Pro that it met while aloft. I would never trust it again.

• Haha
Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
So having 2 flyaway s do to no fault of my own how could I ever trust this drone again.
I could never play poker with my Mavic , I simply can’t trust it either. It’s just like a little kid, one look away or a bad setting and there it goes.

So many things could have really happened with yours… Bad controller? Maybe high winds for a safe return home where you live? Signal blocked by structures or landscape? Bad GPS lock? Too low of a return home set? Bad controller? Bad compass calibration or magnetic interference at the takeoff point? No home point set, or pilot moved away from the original home point setting?

There are a lot of ways to lose a drone that can look like a “flyaway”. Blaming the child is too easy of a basic assumption to make when one doesn’t really know what happened.

Last edited:
There are a lot of ways to lose a drone that can look like a “flyaw......
The controller, sn 5HAZK6D0017GB8, is common to both loss flights and that's a point I have been making.
Two rare events happen to one pilot with the same model of drone, therefore one should at least consider the common factors.

There are a lot of ways to lose a drone that can look like a “flyaway”. Blaming the child is too easy of a basic assumption to make when one don’t really know what happened.

Except all of who've been parents know that regardless of lacking evidence, if they're strongly denying it, they did it. It's in the Kid's Book of Rules.

Reactions: AMann
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edy44