DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I ever trust Mini Pro 3 again

Daytona500

Reactions
So having 2 flyaway s do to no fault of my own how could I ever trust this drone again.

Fly aways don’t tend to happen anymore. A few cases of craft not being able to return due to various conditions, but that’s not flying away

I’d say if lightning has struck you twice, maybe your better off not participating in this area of technology

I think I need more details on what happened before I can comment on this.
Reading material.(the second one)

So having 2 flyaway s do to no fault of my own how could I ever trust this drone again.
Can you post the log for the first "lost drone" flight please? I think I do not have a copy of it on this computer.
Looking at the second log, the one from Nov 26, it appears the drone disconnected but there is no evidence in the log of a fly away and your written description "it tumbled and went down" suggests that it DID NOT flyaway.

If you could answer
"When you say it tumbled and fell, how quickly did it fall and did it go up side down etc.?"
&
".... have you every checked the battery clips for cracks at the 'hinge' ?"
from post #24 of Mini 3 Pro did it again arggg it might shed some light to the situation.
It might also be useful to you to read that post.

The above said, accidents are known to happen with drones but for a given pilot they are generally isolated incidents and not similar.
That you have had two incidents that you seem to think are similar with the same model of drone makes me wonder if the incidents have a common factor, so, ask your self what was common to both flights, equipment, procedures, conditions, locations etc. etc.?

Last edited:
Reactions: Touring497 and shb
I haven't read everything about these accidents, but I lost two different drones flying the same waypoint mission when they hit guy wires from the same radio tower. I never assumed there was anything wrong with the drones, and their turned out to be a logical explanation. If DJI replaced the first one, they must of thought it was defective. Did they replace the second one?

If it's a malfunction of the hardware it's under warranty... you have 3 years of warranty, at least in Europe, so if a fly away happens you have the logs that prove it's a malfunction, and they will return the money or give you another drone.

If it's pilot error (taking off in high winds, going long range with a tailwind, etc), then you should learn for it not to happen again, also for pilot error scenarios you have the DJI Care.

As any piece of hardware, drones are prone to failure and DJI software is usually full of bugs, and they take a ton of time to solve them, but they are the most reliable commercial drones around.

I had two Autlel Evo Lite + and the first come bricked from the factory, the other hand motor problems at just 60 hours of flight time. I have a total of 580 hours of flight time, most of them with DJI and for the moment they've always came back, and yes, they could be better, but there are no better alternatives atm.

Reactions: Touring497
There was nothing at all to indicate that either of your drones flew away.
Thousands of users manage to fly and trust their DJI drones.
Well what I meant was they both were lost or crashed for some unknown reason and no fault of mine as far as we can tell. The first one it was determined to be a malfunction of the drone and this one just disconnected mid flight and crashed.
So again I ask how can I trust them?

That's akin to winning the lottery. TWICE!
Occam's razor tells me somehow your flying had something to do with it.
seriously my flying had something to do with it. How do you figure that. Look at the flight logs . How does my flying have anything to do do with a drone malfunction or a disconnect mid flight.

I think I drove through a red traffic light once at great risk to myself and others. How can I trust a red traffic light again ;)
how could anyone trust your driving if your driving thru red lights. Hope you don't kill anyone.

Not necessarily ... DJI have some staff who are too lazy to investigate properly.

I suspect rather than laziness it's a business decision based on cost/benefit analysis.

Wow.

Guy has two unexplained failures. Because this is extremely unlikely, without any other evidence, some members are criticizing the OP for causing the problem with his faulty flying.

"Extremely unlikely" isn't "impossible". Until we have actual reason to doubt this fellow was the unfortunate victim of back-to-back failures, why don't we try to help?

Well what I meant was they both were lost or crashed for some unknown reason and no fault of mine as far as we can tell. The first one it was determined to be a malfunction of the drone and this one just disconnected mid flight and crashed.
So again I ask how can I trust them?
Can you answer the questions I posed in post #7 ?

seriously my flying had something to do with it. How do you figure that. Look at the flight logs . How does my flying have anything to do do with a drone malfunction or a disconnect mid flight.

Given the probably numbers of Mini 3 Pro being flown, loss of a drone must be fairly rare. Remember we see a skewed sampling on forums. That you have experienced what you consider to be two similar losses with Mini 3 Pro does raise questions about whether or not there is something in common between the two incidents.
It is a valid suggestion that you look to see whether or not there is something in common, it need not be your flying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147