DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I ever trust Mini Pro 3 again

The first one it was determined to be a malfunction of the drone and this one just disconnected mid flight and crashed.
Your drone did not disconnect and crash.
Disconnection doesn't cause a drone to crash, it initiates RTH.
Your drone appears to have lost power like the first one did.
That causes a crash.
So again I ask how can I trust them?
If this happened to everyone who flies one, you couldn't.
But thousands of users fly them every day without any incident.

Reactions: AZDave
Wow.

Guy has two unexplained failures. Because this is extremely unlikely, without any other evidence, some members are criticizing the OP for causing the problem with his faulty flying.

"Extremely unlikely" isn't "impossible". Until we have actual reason to doubt this fellow was the unfortunate victim of back-to-back failures, why don't we try to help?
Thank you

Your drone did not disconnect and crash.
Disconnection doesn't cause a drone to crash, it initiates RTH.
Your drone appears to have lost power like the first one did.
That causes a crash.

If this happened to everyone who flies one, you couldn't.
But thousands of users fly them every day without any incident.
Its seems like everything I say you contradict You must know what I mean. I had 2 drones lost . thru no fault of my own. doesn't matter to me what the other 1000's do and what ever . I can't trust this drone again. If I got another I would worry every time I put it up. is it going to disconnect again, will it crash for an unknow reason .Why cant you understand how I feel. If you lost 2 drones thru no fault of your own how would you feel. ?

Its seems like everything I say you contradict You must know what I mean. I had 2 drones lost . thru no fault of my own. doesn't matter to me what the other 1000's do and what ever . I can't trust this drone again. If I got another I would worry every time I put it up. is it going to disconnect again, will it crash for an unknow reason .Why cant you understand how I feel. If you lost 2 drones thru no fault of your own how would you feel. ?
That almost every other user has no problem does matter.
You wouldn't be flying the same drone that's malfunctioned previously.
You would be flying a new and different Mini 3.

Think of it this way.
If you had bad luck and managed to crash two Honda Civics, would you expect that every Honda Civic you drove would crash, when most Honda Civic drivers manage to drive that model without a problem?

That almost every other user has no problem does matter.
You wouldn't be flying the same drone that's malfunctioned previously.
You would be flying a new and different Mini 3.

Think of it this way.
If you had bad luck and managed to crash two Honda Civics, would you expect that every Honda Civic you drove would crash, when most Honda Civic drivers manage to drive that model without a problem?
thats not the same thing at all these drones crashed, flew away, disconnected what ever you want to call it . Had nothing to do with my driving. Why is this so hard for you to understand. I did nothing to cause these drones to do what ever they did. If I caused them do to something that made them crash then sure. But It wasn't the drivers fault. geesh. Theres no comparison to a driver crashing a car and a malfunction in the drone to cause the crash.

If you remember DJI said it was the drones fault the first one nothing I did. And the logs on this one say it was nothing I did. So how on earth can you compare it to me crashing 2 cars that I was driving. YOU CAN"T there not the same thing at all. Now if I was a passanger in 2 different self driving cars and they both crashed would you put that on me to, and then again how could I ever trust self driving cars again , even tho 1000's of others are driving around crash free . Come guy give me a break.

If you remember DJI said it was the drones fault the first one nothing I did. And the logs on this one say it was nothing I did. So how on earth can you compare it to me crashing 2 cars that I was driving. YOU CAN"T there not the same thing at all. Now if I was a passanger in 2 different self driving cars and they both crashed would you put that on me to, and then again how could I ever trust self driving cars again , even tho 1000's of others are driving around crash free .
You're right ... with your attitude, you can't ever trust a drone again.
You'd better give up any dreams of drone flying.

thats not the same thing at all these drones crashed, flew away, disconnected what ever you want to call it . Had nothing to do with my driving.

Doesn't change @Meta4's point. This is a matter of statistics. Your response is emotional, not based in reason.

The Mini3P is a very solid, reliable drone. It does not have a significant failure/flyaway problem. The fact that you may have been very unlucky doesn’t change that in any way.

One doesn't "trust" a drone. There are no truthful or mendacious drones. It simply has some statistical failure rate, and you decide if you're willing to incur the risk.

If you get another, it will have the same risk of defect as the first two. And likely not fail.

If you remember DJI said it was the drones fault.
Did DJI say it was the drone's fault?
Or are you assuming this just because they replaced the drone.

In cases of sudden power loss, particularly when the drone is unable to be examined to determine the cause. it's usually impossible to tell why it happened.
And the logs on this one say it was nothing I did. So how on earth can you compare it to me crashing 2 cars that I was driving. YOU CAN"T there not the same thing at all. Now if I was a passanger in 2 different self driving cars and they both crashed would you put that on me to, and then again how could I ever trust self driving cars again , even tho 1000's of others are driving around crash free . Come guy give me a break.
In my example, I should have said, that if you had been involved in two crashes in Honda Civics.
I did not mean to imply that your driving caused two hypothetical car crashes.

You are taking this too personally.
If your flying looked like it might have contributed to the loss of your drones, I would have said so.
The only posts here suggesting it was your fault are from members who didn't look at the flight data and didn't read the posts explaining what the flight data showed.
In both incidents the data only helps to eliminate some potential causes for the loss of the drones.
It doesn't show what did cause the incidents.

@Daytona500 it might help if you answered the questions posed in post 7 etc.

"When you say it tumbled and fell, how quickly did it fall and did it go up side down etc.?"
&
".... have you every checked the battery clips for cracks at the 'hinge' ?"
from post #24 of Mini 3 Pro did it again arggg it might shed some light to the situation.

@Daytona500 it might help if you answered the questions posed in post 7 etc.

"When you say it tumbled and fell, how quickly did it fall and did it go up side down etc.?"
&
".... have you every checked the battery clips for cracks at the 'hinge' ?"
from post #24 of Mini 3 Pro did it again arggg it might shed some light to the situation.
It fell as fast a a Mini falls when it has no power.
As he never found either drone, he can't check the batteries.

It fell as fast a a Mini falls when it has no power.
You know this how?
As he never found either drone, he can't check the batteries.
Since the DAT's number was 211 and the charge count on the battery was 46 I suspect that there are other batteries.
If that is correct then, assuming they have been used in rotation, they are worth checking.

Did DJI say it was the drone's fault?
Or are you assuming this just because they replaced the drone.

In cases of sudden power loss, particularly when the drone is unable to be examined to determine the cause. it's usually impossible to tell why it happened.

In my example, I should have said, that if you had been involved in two crashes in Honda Civics.
I did not mean to imply that your driving caused two hypothetical car crashes.

You are taking this too personally.
If your flying looked like it might have contributed to the loss of your drones, I would have said so.
The only posts here suggesting it was your fault are from members who didn't look at the flight data and didn't read the posts explaining what the flight data showed.
In both incidents the data only helps to eliminate some potential causes for the loss of the drones.
It doesn't show what did cause the incidents.
I guess I'm assuming because they replaced the drone. I would also assume that if they thought it was in anyway my fault they would not have replaced the drone as they have most always find pilot error and don't replace those drones.
OK I think some one has found my drone just got a message on face book. waiting for them to contact me. So if I do get it back what can I do or show you guys to see what really happened ?
Also from where this person says they found the drone it flew around 700 to 800 feet, which is a lot further then what the flight logs indicated. Seem odd it went that far as I watched it go down, didn't look to be that far.

OK something is not adding up. Either the data is wrong (unlikely) Or the person who found my drone is mistaken about were he found it or its not my drone he found. But Im pretty sure it is my drone at least I hope so.
According to the flight data I was about 200 ft from home point, flying at 29 mph and 70 feet above HP. when connection was lost. If this is all correct it doesn't seem possible that the drone could have gone another 400 to 500 feet before it crashed.

I guess I'm assuming because they replaced the drone. I would also assume that if they thought it was in anyway my fault they would not have replaced the drone as they have most always find pilot error and don't replace those drones.

OK I think some one has found my drone just got a message on face book. waiting for them to contact me. So if I do get it back what can I do or show you guys to see what really happened ?
Also from where this person says they found the drone it flew around 700 to 800 feet, which is a lot further then what the flight logs indicated. Seem odd it went that far as I watched it go down, didn't look to be that far.
@Daytona500 for what may be the third or fourth time of asking, why don't you describe accurately what you saw when the drone "fell"?

There is a DAT on the drone but only DJI can read that so basically all you can do is ask the finder to pin-point, as best they can, where they found the drone.

Last edited:
The drone lost power, which stopped the signal connection even though the drone was quite close with no obstacles in the way.
Is there an alternative explanation that you can come up with?
All I know is that the drone disconnected and then "fell" but what is meant by "fell" is not certain, hence my repeated asking for clarification.
As far as I know a power loss is, at the moment, a possibility and not a certainty.

All I know is that the drone disconnected and then "fell" but what is meant by "fell" is not certain, hence my repeated asking for clarification.
As far as I know a power loss is, at the moment, a possibility and not a certainty
I'll ask again ....
Is there any alternative explanation that you can come up with?
<<hint>> There's no realistic alternative explanation.

I'll ask again ....
Is there any alternative explanation that you can come up with?
And I will repeat.
"All I know is that the drone disconnected and then "fell" but what is meant by "fell" is not certain, hence my repeated asking for clarification."

However, since @Daytona500 has liked your post, I presume that @Daytona500 has no intention of providing a description of the 'fall'.

It will be interesting to see whether or not the drone turns up and, if so, where it was found.

And I will repeat.
"All I know is that the drone disconnected and then "fell" but what is meant by "fell" is not certain, hence my repeated asking for clarification."
It's not that complicated.
Fell is the past tense of fall.
The power was cut and the drone came down with the help of gravity.

As you cannot come up with any alternative explanation, why do you continue as if there is another explanation?

Reactions: Daytona500
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danyjames_