DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I fly a drone in Surf City, NJ?

nestorosg

Reactions
I am heading to Surf City NJ for the week, I wanted to know if I can fly my drone on the beach or near the light house?

Get B4UFLY on your smartphone. It has a map of no fly zones where you're at.

I am heading to Surf City NJ for the week, I wanted to know if I can fly my drone on the beach or near the light house?

Yes you can. I was there last week. The lighthouse is fine just don’t take off from the park. I usually go over across from the restaurant at the point And launch from there. Just keep an eye out for small planes and possible helicopters over the beach but they are usually over 500 feet anyway. The southern part of Long Beach Island is a national wildlife sanctuary so you can not fly there.

Here are my videos from last week:

Yes you can. I was there last week. The lighthouse is fine just don’t take off from the park. I usually go over across from the restaurant at the point And launch from there. Just keep an eye out for small planes and possible helicopters over the beach but they are usually over 500 feet anyway. The southern part of Long Beach Island is a national wildlife sanctuary so you can not fly there.

Here are my videos from last week:

I thought I read in one of there papers last year that you could not fly over the island? Or was that just in season? When I look on the AirMap app it says Barnaget light house was a no fly zone?

I thought I read in one of there papers last year that you could not fly over the island? Or was that just in season? When I look on the AirMap app it says Barnaget light house was a no fly zone?

To the best of my knowledge there are some local ordinances between Memoral Day and Labor Day only. Like I said you are good at the four house. A local drone group (that I’m not part of) does regular meetups there. Like I said just don’t take off from the park.

I would check out NJ Drones on Facebook. You will get more local fliers than on here. Some of them fly in Ocean County way more often than I do.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S