DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I put all of my batteries

wombat

Reactions
in the charger that came with the combo unit to travel overseas ?

I'm not sure what the OP was asking. If OP wants to know about charging overseas, the answer is to check the charge plug-in adapter. If it says 120-240v (or something close) then you are good to charge at the higher voltage. This applies to most power adapters, although some devices (phones, tablets, etc) moderate the charge internally. You will need the appropriate adapter to match the plugs, but they are cheap online. I bought a set of 3 or 4 for a trip to Singapore recently for about $10. (Probably made in Singapore...)

I'm not sure what the OP was asking. If OP wants to know about charging overseas, the answer is to check the charge plug-in adapter. If it says 120-240v (or something close) then you are good to charge at the higher voltage. This applies to most power adapters, although some devices (phones, tablets, etc) moderate the charge internally. You will need the appropriate adapter to match the plugs, but they are cheap online. I bought a set of 3 or 4 for a trip to Singapore recently for about $10. (Probably made in Singapore...)

Hi, saw your post about bringing batt to Singapore. Where you able to fly there? Lots of limited space in SIN, small island. I am thinking of taking my Mini 3 to SIN, then to Malaysia next year.

Most important advice: Discharge them to about 10% and transport in the discharged state.

The biggest threat from lipo batteries is energy. If they don't hold much they are far less likely to explode if compromised, and while they still can catch fire, it's much less violent, chances to get it under control are increased.

While it's not good for the battery to store it discharged, no measurable damage is done if in this state for a few days.

the extended mini 3 battery holds the equivalent energy of a ⅓ of a liter of gasoline. Imagine putting a match to that. Puncturing or shorting a lipo is like that match.

Now, which would you rather put a match to: A bowl with ⅓ of a liter of gasoline, or a dixie cup with 1/30th?

Last edited:
Hi, saw your post about bringing batt to Singapore. Where you able to fly there? Lots of limited space in SIN, small island. I am thinking of taking my Mini 3 to SIN, then to Malaysia next year.
I did not take my Mavic 3 (or any drone) with me, as it was a business trip with little time for flying. Singapore is s a city-state, heavily built up, and not many places to fly. My comments were about the charging adapters in particular. If the adapter indicates 110 to 240 volts, you can use it. DJI adapters are generally OK, if you have the right connection for the plugs. Be sure to check them though, and read the manual.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin