DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I use my cars cigarette lighter charger?

Dmascot

Reactions
I will be spending a lot of time in a car while on vacation next month. Is it okay to use a basic cigarette lighter usb charger to charge my Mini’s batteries and rc? If it is okay to use them is there a particular charger someone could recommend.

You may want to get an inverter and use your regular house charger. The MM may be different, but you cannot charge the MP batteries with a USB charger. The car also needs to be running when charging.

EDIT: See below.

Last edited:
You may want to get an inverter and use your regular house charger. The MM may be different, but you cannot charge the MP batteries with a USB charger. The car also needs to be running when charging.
MM charges using USB, with QC compatible charger being preferred for fastest charging of the AC batteries. The remote won't fast charge. Although what you say is true for AC batteries for other Mavics, though there are car chargers for them, the RC's for all of them are USB based.

Reactions: Mossiback
I will be spending a lot of time in a car while on vacation next month. Is it okay to use a basic cigarette lighter usb charger to charge my Mini’s batteries and rc? If it is okay to use them is there a particular charger someone could recommend.
Yes, you can use any USB car charger, with a QC compatible one being preferred for fastest charging. The one Drone Valley sells sounded to me to be best for mobile QC charging as it showed excellent voltage regulation under varying loads.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka