DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can landing point be traced?

Azzopat

Reactions
Hi all, list my macone this moring through a sudden gust if wind.....tried to navigate back to me againstbthe wind....the wind won.
Landed somewhere on its way Home but rsn out of power and landed somewhere about 250 meters from hone but not sure if location, can landing location be traced ?

Hi all, lost my macone this moring through a sudden gust if wind.....tried to navigate back to me againstbthe wind....the wind won.
Landed somewhere on its way Home but rsn out of power and landed somewhere about 250 meters from hone but not sure if location, can landing location be traced ?
As long as you had signal for the incident, the recorded flight data is the place too look.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report on the flight data including a google earth image you can zoom in to see where.
If you need any extra help, come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

Reactions: Cymruflyer
Need to use spell check. Can't understand. Geez
Hi all, list my macone this moring through a sudden gust if wind.....tried to navigate back to me againstbthe wind....the wind won.

Reactions: The Rolling Drones
The map in GO 4 will show the last location of the drone while the app is still running. You can zoom in on the map in satellite view to get a very good idea of where it landed/crashed. If you have already exited out of the GO 4 app, the GO 4 Flight Record of the flight can also be advanced to the end of the flight to show the last known location on the Map.

Reactions: Flycaster
Also, IF you were shooting video, the video can help in the last moments..
Look in the video of the flight (if recorded) and that can give you clues to last location too...

Also, IF you were shooting video, the video can help in the last moments..
Look in the video of the flight (if recorded) and that can give you clues to last location too...
That only works if "video cache" is also turned on in the GO 4 app. Video recording itself is only to the microSD card in the aircraft, unless the video cache setting was previously also turned on.

Right, otherwise it's a catch-22.
Retrieve the SD card from the AC so you can watch the footage to find out where it is.

If you manage to still have RC connection, you can download the video

Right, otherwise it's a catch-22.
Retrieve the SD card from the AC so you can watch the footage to find out where it is.

If you manage to still have RC connection, you can download the video
If you were recording in 4K, can it still download the video wirelessly?
I recall something previously about a recording resolution limit of 1080p for transferring video wirelessly.

I know you could with the P3, but even with 1080, it took forever. I can't say for sure with a Mavic.
I think I tried it once, and got the error message that wireless transfer is only possible with 1080p recorded video. 4K video files are almost 5 gigabytes each in size! 1080p files are 1/4 the size!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear