DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can Mavic focus on moving target while I fly it ?

SteveO

Reactions
Can Mavic focus with gimbal on the machine in the field and the I manually fly it ? So moving is not in active track but only to keep the target in the middl of the screen while I fly it ? Is that possible ?

It does have Focus or some option in Active Track and it does follow but I am not sure if it can fly normally or just move by itself ?

I don't think you can in DJI go, but you can using the Litchi app.

Not sure if I understand what you have asked for, this won't be on a moving target, but you can keep a subject centered on Litchi while you move it.

Thanks. I cant believe that are not able to make that option ! It would be used like in at least 50% of flights since most of the time we fly to record something or somebody. And it involves only gimbal movement, so a lot easier than Active Track. Or at least that I fly it with right stick amd that it rotates and moves the gimbal by itself.

With Litchi I lose warranty if it crashes ? Does DJI Care Refresh work in that case ?

With Litchi I lose warranty if it crashes ?
DJI might choose not to honor the warranty if it was determined that Litchi caused the crash or the lack of a DJI GO flight log lead to the cause of the crash/loss/damage to be undetermined.

Does DJI Care Refresh work in that case?
DJI Care Refresh can still be used as long as you're able to retrieve your Mavic and none of the exclusions listed here apply.

Reactions: SteveO
Can Mavic focus with gimbal on the machine in the field and the I manually fly it ? So moving is not in active track but only to keep the target in the middl of the screen while I fly it ? Is that possible ?

It does have Focus or some option in Active Track and it does follow but I am not sure if it can fly normally or just move by itself ?
Read the Manual, look for Spotlight mode.

Thanks guys I am gonna try it ! I did try one mode but it was maybe Tripod and it moved like snail. I hope this one can fly normally and focus on the target.

Does it move the drone right-left or just with gimbal ? So should I use only right stick and height adjustment or ?

Thanks guys I am gonna try it ! I did try one mode but it was maybe Tripod and it moved like snail. I hope this one can fly normally and focus on the target.

Does it move the drone right-left or just with gimbal ? So should I use only right stick and height adjustment or ?

That's what tripod mode is supposed to do.

It ONLY moves the drone in space and keeps it focused on the subject. Your controls will become "headless" i.e. if you start facing west then pushing forward will always move the drone west, even if it ends up "looking back" because that's where the subject is..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid