DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can someone identify this icon on the Mini2 Screen?

MARK (LI)

Reactions
IMG_1151.jpgI think this appears when I touch the screen...and I know that I saw an explanation of it in a video...but at that time I was completely overwhelmed by all the different data...I am referring to the yellow thing that is a bit like a circle, but elongated at bits bottom left...with what looks like the sun next to it on its right ... the "yellow thing" is just to the right of center in the picture.......Thank You....Mark

View attachment 131238I think this appears when I touch the screen...and I know that I saw an explanation of it in a video...but at that time I was completely overwhelmed by all the different data...I am referring to the yellow thing that is a bit like a circle, but elongated at bits bottom left...with what looks like the sun next to it on its right ... the "yellow thing" is just to the right of center in the picture.......Thank You....Mark
It’s the spot metering tool. Instead of the camera taking into account the lighting of the whole frame to determine the correct exposure value you can use the spot metering tool to force the camera to only consider the brightness of what is inside that circle to determine the exposure value.

It’s helpful for something like a backlit scene. For example if the sun is in the frame the camera would normally reduce the exposure so the sun doesn’t get blown out but this may mean that what you want to expose for is way too underexposed. You’d put the spot meter over what you want the camera to expose for to correct this. It’s a good way to have some manual control over exposure without actually putting the camera into manual mode.

The “elongated” thing is actually an X to disable spot metering and return to normal metering mode.

Reactions: MARK (LI)
It only does that in auto mode. When you are in auto mode you can press a certain part of the image to make the whole image brightness the same as the area you tapped. For example if you tapped the bright sky, the whole image would be that brightness. I hope that makes sense. You can get rid of it by just tapping outside of it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661