DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can someone please decipher this Mavic2 pro flight log from a crash?

Buzzman

Reactions
Hello pilots,
A few days ago I reported that I lost my Mavic2 Pro while flying over some AZ eroded badlands.
I was 0.5 to 0.8mile from a microwave (not cell) tower. I still don't know if that was the cause but
my SC disconnected from the UAV and I never regained control. It crashed and I will be getting a new
drone. I just wonder if there is a chance that DJI might replace, or partially replace it, as I heard someone
talking about on this forum.
Anyway, I've never looked at one of these .txt files on AirData etc. I also have a more detailed .DAT
fille if anyone is interested. I have posted the .txt file (DJIFlightRecord) which is the flight log during the crash.
Best,
Steve

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-06-02_[09-31-24].txt
    816 KB · Views: 22
I still don't know if that was the cause but my SC disconnected from the UAV and I never regained control.
Here's what the flight data looks like:

The flight data doesn't give any clues that help explain the loss of the drone.
You flew 730 feet out, turned around and were halfway back (flying backwards) when the data just stops.
The ground level was falling away from you as you flew out, terrain was not a factor.
At the end of the flight data, the drone was in straight and level flight and perfectly stable, with plenty of battery.

There's nothing to suggest a collision with a wire or bird.
It's unlikely that the communications tower was a factor.

The most likely is a hardware problem that caused a sudden total loss of power.

Reactions: pelagic_one

You flew 730 feet out, turned around and were halfway back (flying backwards) when the data just stops.
The ground level was falling away from you as you flew out, terrain was not a factor.
At the end of the flight data, the drone was in straight and level flight and perfectly stable, with plenty of battery.

Dear Meta4:
Thanks so much for your quick look at my final flight log up to the crash, and your insight.
It does make me feel a bit better that seemingly it was nothing that I did wrong. Still puzzling about the
microwave tower. There were certainly no telephone wires and I always scout for raptors and
other birds. None spotted in the area while I was flying.
thank you!
Steve

Meta4,
Thanks again. I was able to open the URL and see the data, saved some files etc.
I was not, however, able to scroll down the data columns more than once or twice. Is there
a way on Phantomhelp.com. (or another program) to easily view my flight log .txt file?
I see that this is a Windows program and I use a MacBook Pro.
Sorry to bother you again.
Best,
Steve

Thanks again. I was able to open the URL and see the data, saved some files etc.
I was not, however, able to scroll down the data columns more than once or twice. Is there
a way on Phantomhelp.com. (or another program) to easily view my flight log .txt file?
I'm not a Mac user, so I'm not sure what differences it would make.
But I would assume that the web page Phantomhelp report should display just the same on either system?
Perhaps@msinger could comment since he created the excellent Phantomhelp log viewer.
You can click on the CSV links to see the actual data and read deeper into it u, displaying it on a spreadsheet program.

Meta4,
Sorry to bother you again.
Best,
Steve
What I actually did, I installed windows app on bootcamp partition with windows. Also you could run VirtualBox and install windows into virtual machine - its not complex procedure and much safer if you afraid to mess something up with bootcamp installation (its quite simple anyway)

VirtualBox is free, you just need some version of windows (might be a trial, or not full version, I guess): Oracle VM VirtualBox

I just had windows license since university and used that one.

What I actually did, I installed windows app on bootcamp partition with windows. Also you could run VirtualBox and install windows into virtual machine - its not complex procedure and much safer if you afraid to mess something up with bootcamp installation (its quite simple anyway)

VirtualBox is free, you just need some version of windows (might be a trial, or not full version, I guess): Oracle VM VirtualBox

I just had windows license since university and used that one.
Great, thanks so much for explaining how you viewed the flight log.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60