DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can someone please explain this craziness???

Personally I think its the nature of the beast with these small sensors and lens. I had similar issues with P3P, now my MAVIC is better but still suffers with very similar focus issues, some flights are much better than others, but I live with it , most people will not see the issues. Bottom line, don't use the MAVIC for pro photography/videography...my 2 cents

I'm a pro photographer and I must say I'm perplexed. Take a look at these 2 images. I selective focused on the lower right. technically anything on that plane should be in focus, but its not. Cant say its a soft corner as if I focus ont he other left side, the right is thrown out of focus. Would you say this lens is decentered or is this just field curvature rearing its ugly head?

I don't see the problem in picture 42, but there is clearly a problem in picture 30. If a diagonal was drawn from lower left to upper right, the right side is more focused. I've never had a de-centered lens problem, it seems to fit here. This has nothing to do with depth of field or soft edges. I'm still waiting on my Mavic for another week. I have the impression that you can take stills with out flying. Why not shoot some tests with angled cards? I would send this back, unless someone has an easy fix.

Update, both new ones exibit the same nonsense but only on Stills. Video is better. Same lower right corner.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez