DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can someone read my flight records and tell me why my drone crashed?

Sar104, what program are you using to create the graphs further up in this thread? (Doesn't quite look what I see with CsvView.) Thanks

Am I right that the Mavic DAT files are located in an internal memory in the MP, not in the removable SD card? I don't see DAT files when I look in the removed SD card (but I don't see the DAT files when I power up the MP without the SD card).

I use Wavemetrics Igor Pro for data analysis.

The DAT files are on the internal (non-removable) SD. The instructions for accessing them are here.

Thanks. When I use DJI Assistant to upload files from MP the flight index show few if any of my real flights. I only see about 25 files, most of them pretty small. There are only a few large files (300MB) which view like real flights and these are old, probably before my last firmware update. Still trying to figure that out. I may have seen some posts about this inconsistency and imagine that there really are a set of good DAT data inside the MP. Some of the small files also will not download/decompress and maybe there are still bugs in DJI Assistant.

I use Wavemetrics Igor Pro for data analysis.

The DAT files are on the internal (non-removable) SD. The instructions for accessing them are here.

Let's put this on DJI's to-do list...transfer .dat files to the user SD card!

Instructions available , but only by the grace of dedicated hobbyist like Bud ,who willingly share their expertise....not by DJI.

Love the graphical analysis, too, but can't afford Wavemetrics Igor Pro since I'm neither an academic (not a physicist at a national lab, either) nor a student. See WaveMetrics Order Page

Do they offer a free version... probably missed it?

A freebe that is pretty good for the price, is DatPlot DatPlot - From raw data to report ready plots in under five minutes. See below.

Note that this MP appeared to be a sick puppy from the beginning. Compass errors went away, but the full message at around 105 seconds, which read " Motor Current Error. Check your propellers and fly with caution." tells it all. Probably only appeared momentarily on the mobile device screen.

proplatmavic analysis.jpg

CsvView is a free Java program. Seems to work. CsvView Introduction
It looks like you can download the Wavemetrics demo program and it will continue to function In some manner after the demo period. I will take a look at this DatPlot program also. I've never been able to get the DJI Assistant Flight Data to view a file; not at all sure what this function is supposed to do but does not seem to work.

I agree the full Wavemetrics program is too expensive.

Whoops, DatPlot is just Windows.

CsvView is a free Java program. Seems to work. CsvView Introduction
It looks like you can download the Wavemetrics demo program and it will continue to function In some manner after the demo period. I will take a look at this DatPlot program also. I've never been able to get the DJI Assistant Flight Data to view a file; not at all sure what this function is supposed to do but does not seem to work.

I agree the full Wavemetrics program is too expensive.

Whoops, DatPlot is just Windows.

For whatever reason, I've not had luck with CsvView running under Windows 10. So if you're running on an Apple machine, yes DatPlot is out. DJI Assistant continues to be buggy. The file list seems to change and produces errors in the compression phase and I have to restart.

Thanks. When I use DJI Assistant to upload files from MP the flight index show few if any of my real flights. I only see about 25 files, most of them pretty small. There are only a few large files (300MB) which view like real flights and these are old, probably before my last firmware update. Still trying to figure that out. I may have seen some posts about this inconsistency and imagine that there really are a set of good DAT data inside the MP. Some of the small files also will not download/decompress and maybe there are still bugs in DJI Assistant.
Probably you'll need to install DJI Assistant V1.1.6 and then follow the instructions here.

That discussion on Flight Logs was excellent. didn't understand the detail but still fascinating . Thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky