DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can you assign a button to gimbal yaw?

Reactions
New to drones, newly minted 107 pilot. I can't get my Mavic 2 Pro to control the gimbal yaw other than using my finger in the screen. I'm wondering if I deleted the control roller when messing with the settings. I'd just as soon have the pitch and yaw be the opposite wheels on the controller. Is this possible?

New to drones, newly minted 107 pilot. I can't get my Mavic 2 Pro to control the gimbal yaw other than using my finger in the screen. I'm wondering if I deleted the control roller when messing with the settings. I'd just as soon have the pitch and yaw be the opposite wheels on the controller. Is this possible?

No unfortunately the wheels are not mapable and the only way to manually yaw the gimbal is the way you already know. When you yaw the aircraft the gimbal yaws too. But you can’t yaw the gimbal independent of the aircraft besides the procedure you explain above.

thanks, I've been searching for a solution for hours - at least now I know it's not possible.
Fail fast, fail cheap! Now we all know.. not sure that I would have ever wanted to yaw the gimbal in this way but it's good to know that I don't need to do the digging since you did it for us! So thank you.. as small as it is these are the posts that I find most helpful (as a noob myself). And congrats on the P107!.. as soon as my classes are over I'll be tackling that as well.

and the only way I have found to get the gimbal yaw back to the centered position is to hit the gimbal pitch button twice (first time brings gimbal back to center and pointed 90 degrees down, second time brings gimbal back to 0 degrees and center.) Is there another way to center gimbal yaw on the screen itself?

and the only way I have found to get the gimbal yaw back to the centered position is to hit the gimbal pitch button twice (first time brings gimbal back to center and pointed 90 degrees down, second time brings gimbal back to 0 degrees and center.) Is there another way to center gimbal yaw on the screen itself?

Well you could go settings gimbal recenter gimbal but that seems like more work then you are doing with the gimbal pitch button

I miss this capability that we have on the Inspire. U can yaw the gimbal or pitch the gimbal with the left thumb wheel by selecting gimbal pitch or yaw with the c1 or c2 button and u can assign c1 or c2 to centre the gimbal yaw. Very useful, disappointed to not have this on the M2P

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs