DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can you fly in the A1 Open category in a CTR?

Reactions
As per title. "This airspace has a specific classification which applies to manned aviation, and may have implications on drone operations depending on local laws and regulations governing drone use." I can't find where to look online to determine if I can fly here, anyone have the answer?

I believe Yes ok to fly according to this, as long as you're not in the FRZ.

"Although controlled airspace requirements (Class A,B,C,D,E) do not apply to UAS operating within the Open category (i.e. below 400ft/120m), any UAS operating above this height will, within the terms of the authorisation, be required to obtain permission from the relevant air traffic service provider. "

Reactions: steve coulthard
I believe Yes ok to fly according to this, as long as you're not in the FRZ.

"Although controlled airspace requirements (Class A,B,C,D,E) do not apply to UAS operating within the Open category (i.e. below 400ft/120m), any UAS operating above this height will, within the terms of the authorisation, be required to obtain permission from the relevant air traffic service provider. "
Thanks for that link, much appreciated.

As per title. "This airspace has a specific classification which applies to manned aviation, and may have implications on drone operations depending on local laws and regulations governing drone use." I can't find where to look online to determine if I can fly here, anyone have the answer?

Short answer:- yes

Controlled airspace in the UK is not a drone ban.
The only bans as far as airspace is concerned are flight restriction zones or those imposed by NOTAM.

(Obviously the rest of the EASA restrictions for the drone class need to be followed).

Drone Safety Map | Altitude Angel is the official data provided to the NATs Drone Assist app (you can use either) but dont turn too many filters on and get confused.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard