DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can you help me analyize what i did wrong here ?

shayvidas

Reactions
i flew my mavic air in sofia
i kept line of site did everything bu the rules

all.of a sudden my drone went crazy...trying to circle an area
set himself a new homepage somewhere 300m away from me

decided to force land there with a full battery

i tried to cancel the landing but airplane kept saying
unable to cancel landing

and crashed

i rushed to that place but the drone was no where to be found

here is a flight log

can you please help me understand if it was my fault and what i did wrong ?

i contacted dji support on this but they said since this is outnof warrenty i will need to buy a new drone
evem if it was their fault on this

how can i avoide this in the future ?

I think you'll need to post the .TXT log off your phone to get any real help figuring this out.

I think you'll need to post the .TXT log off your phone to get any real help figuring this out.

thanks...how do i get it out of there ?

Reactions: slup
A very quick look shows you took off before the home point was set; you had no GPS satellites in view. That is always a good way to lose a drone because the drone has no reference and essentially drifts with the wind. Once the drone had satellites in view, it then set the home point. But by then the drone was behind a couple of buildings and you lost signal.

Reactions: slup and kidroc
First observation the drone took off with 0, zero, satellites (not necessarily a bad thing) and was at 66ft before suddenly 9 satellites appear at 36.7seconds.
0 to 9 satelilites in the blink of an eye seems a bit odd to me, my drones normally increment in ones or twos, not 9's.
But the homepoint does not get recordred until 41.9 seconds by which time the drone is over a street whose name I can't even type. Lat & long, 42.69145133 & 23.32340617.
Again this is not a bad thing but you MUST fly with the thought in mind OR reset the homepoint to the controller's position or bring the drone overhead and reset the homepoint to the drone's position.
OTHERWISE an RTH would return it to 42.69145133 & 23.3234061.
I have not looked, in any detail, further than that but an observation is that when the drone is flying across wind (flying largely across the page) 1:18 to 1:26 it is not flying where the arrow head is pointed, rather it seems to me to be being blown somewhat sideways.
I haven't really looked at my own cross wind flights in enough detail to say wherether this is normal.
Everywhere else it seems to be flying 'staight' and in accordance with the stick commands.

Last edited by a moderator:
... you took off before the home point was set; you had no GPS satellites in view...But by then the drone was behind a couple of buildings and you lost signal.
First observation the drone took off with 0, zero, satellites...But the homepoint does not get recordred until 41.9 seconds

Yep that's sums it up ...

This is classic one ... to eager to get airborne, takes off without a recorded HP & flies out horizontally... HP gets later recorded in an unknown location along the flight path when the GPS level reaches 4 ... then losing the connection which initiated the RTH failsafe which takes the craft to that unknown located HP.

That you couldn't stop the RTH landing was that your connection was really sporadic there in between the houses & the command couldn't get through to the craft ... that's clearly shown in the logs message stream.

1643657209013.png
(Click on the pics. below to make them larger)
1643657554718.png

1643657324247.png

so based on that map...it landed in the trees there or in the street ? can someone point to where it got last gps to land there ?

In the street at the tip of the homepoint symbol arrow, GPS quoted in post #7.
I suppose it is possible that it could have landed on the roof or balcony of these but unless the drone took off from a balcony or roof top itself I doubt that, though I am a bit puzzled at the -39.4ft in the last entries of the log.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 31
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: RMS001
Assuming the landing was typical and the drone didn't get hit by a car or truck, find the GPS location for the HOMEPOINT that was set. then search out 25 meters around that point.

Here's where I'd start. then search outward. @slup may do a more detailed analysis, but I'm guessing the drone did an RTH, and may have landed there -- being pushed around by wind and APAS as it descended.

You might ask the guys at that bookstore, too. Maybe someone saw something.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    173.8 KB · Views: 19
Always wait for that home point set,hope you can find it,,,maybe look into buying some DJICARE so if in future something happen you can get a fix or replacement at a cheaper cost

...@slup may do a more detailed analysis, but I'm guessing the drone did an RTH, and may have landed there -- being pushed around by wind and APAS as it descended.

As this was a Mavic Air 1 the APAS was most probably off as it needs to be actively turned on every power cycle ... landing protection may have played in, but that had made it stay there & hover the battery down then landed anyway.

The last seen coordinates in the log was here on a VPS height of 6,2ft ...

1643662848210.png

And that's here ...

1643662871972.png

Last edited:
Reactions: RMS001 and eEridani
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member