DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can you switch apps in flight

Luckyroo

Reactions
1. I'm not sure what happens if you lose power / connection of your phone during flight
I've read some posts re lost power in mobile phone appears you have control of the bird and RTH etc

I read everywhere you are warned not force shut down between drone apps (google the meaning - not difficult)

but 2. what if you switch apps in flight
Example:
DJI go app to begin a flight
decide the location is ideal for a 360 spherical photo
force close dji go
start up hangar 360 go to the desired height, complete photo,
force close hanger 360
start DJI go and continue flight ?

on the topic of app Hanger 360 - recording some test results in a webpage such as widgets to embed images and stuff and then show in forum

Have switched between DJI Go app and Hangar in flight several times. That is no problem.
What you should be aware of is that having one app running in the background while using the other, may cause a problem.
If you make sure to shut down one app completely before starting the other, you should have no problem.

The RC have connection the hole time, and flicking to sport mode should give you full control no matter which app is currently running.

Thanks @YngveN

can switch between aps in flight PROVIDED
1. MUST FORCE shut down app IOS google search ie., can not run them in background
2. the RC has control of drone including RTH option and clicking sports mode cancels any app commands
this was my theory for DJI go and Hangar 360 which you have tested. tick off my list and recorded in my FAQ list
I started my own list coz its hard to remember where to find answers in forum as sometimes there is too much to read

NEXT
switching apps (with force close) in flight between DJI go and Litchi
I guess the same answer ... ? but has anyone tried

MY REASON for switch in flight
I like Litchi Modes 1. WAYPOINTS (pre loaded to save time) and Litchi mode: FOCUS but prefer dji go for other elements,
video cache (although u can import vid from litchi into dji)
cinematic and tripod (which seem to be tempered into Litcho focus mode)

Last edited:
Reactions: YngveN
today for the record
I switched in flight between dji go, litchi and hanger and all worked without any bugs. all were closed using force close
you have to remember that settings (RTH in dji and litchi do not carry forward, although it appears is does in Hanger)

Reactions: YngveN
you have to remember that settings (RTH in dji and litchi do not carry forward, although it appears is does in Hanger)

Please explain. Is RTH cancelled if you switch apps, or that the apps have separate RTH settings?

Please explain. Is RTH cancelled if you switch apps, or that the apps have separate RTH settings?

RTH in DJI was set at 160mtrs, force switch to Litchi showed RTH at 120mtrs, Hangar does not show RTH height (i assume it mirrors)
i will re test and check actual RTH height of hangar (expect to be what is previous app but it may be their default 91 mtr) I will also message hangar to ratify.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird