DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can you use WIFI to fly in a NFZ?

noelledji

Reactions
I tried unlocking a NFZ last year on a trip to FL. Got the approval but drone wouldn’t fly. Still got the NFZ warning. This year when I go back to the same spot, would flying by WIFI rather than RC work?

You will still be using Go 4 so I don't think so. They wouldn't make it that easy to get around a NFZ block.

You will still be using Go 4 so I don't think so. They wouldn't make it that easy to get around a NFZ block.
I tried unlocking a NFZ last year on a trip to FL. Got the approval but drone wouldn’t fly. Still got the NFZ warning. This year when I go back to the same spot, would flying by WIFI rather than RC work?
It must depend on the seriousness of the NFZ. I can fly in NFZ as long as you check the box that comes up to take responsibility....but maybe like within a mile of an airport or over a major stadium etc. It wont allow this.

Why will you fly in NFZ zone? It`s a reason why they have restricted areas.. If I were you, I would not do that. The more situations like Gatwick issue, the more restrictions we will get.

Why will you fly in NFZ zone? It`s a reason why they have restricted areas.. If I were you, I would not do that. The more situations like Gatwick issue, the more restrictions we will get.
If you are within 5 miles of an airport you can get permission to still fly. Just call the tower. That is legally flying in a NFZ

When DJI rolled out their latest Geo Zones, my neighborhood effectively became a NFZ. This was even though the FAA UAS Facility Map showed that flights are allowed up to 100 ft. AGL.

Can you go here: DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography and attach a screenshot of where you want to fly? This is a place where you can request an unlock.

If you have written approval, you can request a custom unlock. You will need: Location, Radius, and Altitude.

Make sure to do this in advance of your planned flight, or you will be quite unhappy. Good luck.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShermanL