DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can you use WIFI to fly in a NFZ?

noelledji

Reactions
I tried unlocking a NFZ last year on a trip to FL. Got the approval but drone wouldn’t fly. Still got the NFZ warning. This year when I go back to the same spot, would flying by WIFI rather than RC work?

You will still be using Go 4 so I don't think so. They wouldn't make it that easy to get around a NFZ block.

You will still be using Go 4 so I don't think so. They wouldn't make it that easy to get around a NFZ block.
I tried unlocking a NFZ last year on a trip to FL. Got the approval but drone wouldn’t fly. Still got the NFZ warning. This year when I go back to the same spot, would flying by WIFI rather than RC work?
It must depend on the seriousness of the NFZ. I can fly in NFZ as long as you check the box that comes up to take responsibility....but maybe like within a mile of an airport or over a major stadium etc. It wont allow this.

Why will you fly in NFZ zone? It`s a reason why they have restricted areas.. If I were you, I would not do that. The more situations like Gatwick issue, the more restrictions we will get.

Why will you fly in NFZ zone? It`s a reason why they have restricted areas.. If I were you, I would not do that. The more situations like Gatwick issue, the more restrictions we will get.
If you are within 5 miles of an airport you can get permission to still fly. Just call the tower. That is legally flying in a NFZ

When DJI rolled out their latest Geo Zones, my neighborhood effectively became a NFZ. This was even though the FAA UAS Facility Map showed that flights are allowed up to 100 ft. AGL.

Can you go here: DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography and attach a screenshot of where you want to fly? This is a place where you can request an unlock.

If you have written approval, you can request a custom unlock. You will need: Location, Radius, and Altitude.

Make sure to do this in advance of your planned flight, or you will be quite unhappy. Good luck.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dean1980