DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Canadian flying in the USA?

rbhamilton

Reactions
Hey people. Canadian here. I was in Arizona last winter. Beautiful state by the way.

I registered my Mavic with the FAA. Flew a bit. Left and went back home to Canada.

Then Canada went a bit nuts with licenses and regulations. So I got my Canadian license, registered my Mavic in Canada. Flew a bit in Canada.

Now I'm looking forward to returning to the USA. So here's the question...

Did the USA go crazy like Canada did? What do I need to do to fly in the USA? I'm assuming my Canadian drone license isn't going to "fly" in the USA. :)

Thanks for any tips.

Hey people. Canadian here. I was in Arizona last winter. Beautiful state by the way.

I registered my Mavic with the FAA. Flew a bit. Left and went back home to Canada.

Then Canada went a bit nuts with licenses and regulations. So I got my Canadian license, registered my Mavic in Canada. Flew a bit in Canada.

Now I'm looking forward to returning to the USA. So here's the question...

Did the USA go crazy like Canada did? What do I need to do to fly in the USA? I'm assuming my Canadian drone license isn't going to "fly" in the USA. :)

Thanks for any tips.
You registration in the U.S. should be good for 3 years I believe. Be sure to carry the FAA card and have your number on the drone.

And the number has to be on the outside of the drone. You can't put it in the battery compartment anymore.

Another change is that hobbyists flying in controlled airspace have to use LAANC to get clearance. Airmap and Kittyhawk apps are able to submit LAANC requests. FAA facilities map will show a grid around airports with controlled airspace, with each box indicating maximum height that will be approved. A green grid means the airport is LAANC ready. Red means they aren't yet and hobbyists can't submit "manual" requests yet through DroneZone website so we can't fly in red grid areas.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78