DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Canadian Winter

Crash Pro

Reactions
Tried posting yesterday but don't seem to be able to find my post, so I'll post again.

Winter scenes from the Canadian Rockies filmed over a period of two years. Footage was shot with a DJI Mini 2 drone with the occasional FPV drone shot here and there. There are many challenges and obstacles to overcome while filming in the winter. The bitter cold not only freezes fingers and toes, but it drains batteries FAST, which means you often only have one opportunity to "get the shot". The unrelenting Chinook winds also test your fortitude and flying skills. Most days drone flying is not an option. However, sometimes when you take a risk, you can get some spectacular footage.

I can relate to winter flying. I still have 5 foot snow banks at the end of my driveway. Pretty much 3\4 of my yard is still under snow. Living in Northern Ontario and flying drones since late 2014 you learn to adjust to the cold or you don't fly much around here. LOL
Our lakes still have 40 + inches of ice on them. Going to be some hard fishing on opening day for Walleye.
Not a fan of FPV video but I enjoyed yours.

Tried posting yesterday but don't seem to be able to find my post, so I'll post again.

Winter scenes from the Canadian Rockies filmed over a period of two years. Footage was shot with a DJI Mini 2 drone with the occasional FPV drone shot here and there. There are many challenges and obstacles to overcome while filming in the winter. The bitter cold not only freezes fingers and toes, but it drains batteries FAST, which means you often only have one opportunity to "get the shot". The unrelenting Chinook winds also test your fortitude and flying skills. Most days drone flying is not an option. However, sometimes when you take a risk, you can get some spectacular footage.
Very nice! And with a Mini 2. Excellent

Reactions: Crash Pro

Very nice! I can totally relate to winter flying. I live at 8200ft in the Colorado Rockies and it gets cold here, but my biggest nemisis is the winds. On a "calm" day the winds are 25-30mph and we regularly get gusts of 60+mph so I'm pretty much grounded from about Oct/Nov until about mid to late May. Great video though!

Reactions: Crash Pro
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka