DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The "Cold", she can kill you and your devices!!!

I took my mavic 3 out yesterday morning Portland Maine area with the RC Pro. Outside temp was around 20F with wind chill dropping things a few more degrees. The Mavic 3 handled the temps well. I flew two batteries each around 30 mins capturing a lighthouse. I swapped the batteries around 30%. No icing on the lens elements or props. The batteries were pleasantly warm when removed. The RC Pro worked flawlessly also. The outside temps were about the min operating value so no surprise there. The only problem I really had was my freezing finger tips. I wore gloves but they did little to keep my digits warm. The pain when blood started flowing back in was immense. I'll be looking into some heated gloves soon that are hopefully not bulky.

Reactions: LoudThunder
I'll be looking into some heated gloves soon that are hopefully not bulky.
If you have to go to really heavy gloves that are not touch sensitive and you cannot work the menu on the screen without taking off the gloves. Get a cheapie Touch Stylus from the Dollar Store and fasten some Velcro onto it and the other half (the Hook side) to the back of the gloves. Then you will always have a stylus available to make changes (camera settings, etc…) without taking the gloves off…

Besides keeping your hands warm, you do not have to shove the controller under your arm as you struggle to put the glove back on when you are done…

If you have to go to really heavy gloves that are not touch sensitive and you cannot work the menu on the screen without taking off the gloves. Get a cheapie Touch Stylus from the Dollar Store and fasten some Velcro onto it and the other half (the Hook side) to the back of the gloves. Then you will always have a stylus available to make changes (camera settings, etc…) without taking the gloves off…

Besides keeping your hands warm, you do not have to shove the controller under your arm as you struggle to put the glove back on when you are done…
Great suggestion!

Reactions: LoudThunder
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada