DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cannibalizing the FPV technology from my older Mavic Pro for fixed wing RC...

eroomomni

Reactions
I have been thinking about cannibalizing the camera/FPV parts from my older Phantom 2, Phantom Pro and/or Mavic Pro to be mounted to other kinds of radio-controlled aircraft. Does anyone have thoughts on this? Do you think it is feasible to remove the motors, props, frame and other items not relevant to the FPV aspects of the Mavic to be mounted as a self-reliant module that can provide a high quality FPV element to winged radio-controlled aircraft. Any links to articles or videos of this would be appreciated. Yes, I still fly my Mavic Pro 2 regularly but have older, outdated aircraft that I'd like to put to use, utilizing the DJI technology for FPV on fixed wing. Thanks!

Reactions: Rchawks and E90RAW
The problem you're going to run into is that the DJI has a singular motherboard that handles everything, so you can't really break it down. I've seen people put a new flight controller in and use the frame and motors, but I've never seen anyone use the camera. It could be done I'm sure, but the size of the unit would be huge, and it would need a 3s battery source (the OG mavic pro is 3s at least)

Here's a teardown so you see what you're up against

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54